Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Camera thingys

Options
  • 15-03-2004 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just want to know what the things on large metal polls on the M50 are for. You see them at various places, but they only see to point at the inside lane. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

monitering traffic flow etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Originally posted by draffodx
    monitering traffic flow etc...
    I'm not so sure about this. I hope that is what they are, but I am paranoid enough to think that they are not. They are pointing almost straight down to the ground at a point about two or three car lengths from the pole they are mounted on. They never move from that position. It would be hard to get a view of the traffic situation from that angle.

I suspect that they are a different kind of speed trap camera that averages your
    speed over the sections in between cameras called SPECS.

cam1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

They aren't speed detectors, they simply count the number of cars passing. I've seen them in several places now, Malahide Rd., Fairview etc

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by IrishRover
    cam1.jpg
    ...and it has handy little machine guns to punish speeders!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Originally posted by kbannon
    ...and it has handy little machine guns to punish speeders!

LOL thats exactly what I thought :) Wouldn't surprise me.

And Yup, they are traffic counters. I believe they feed into the online traffic congestion website.
    Can't remember the link ? anyone?
    Handy enough site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement