Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed new private forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by smiaras
    God any sympathy I had for you has just evaporated with the constant use of we and the caesar complex

Well I actually had some amount of respect for this user and sympathy for accusations levelled against him regarding wanting to become a mod.

However, his denial that the boards suggestions were just because they were needed and his embarassment at his former Troll ccount days seem to be a load of crap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheElder

Syke. Why is it that a users involvement in The Elders makes their personal suggestions and embarresment about previous occourances any less honest?

The user you refer to, Flogen, has made all previous suggestions in what he considered to be the best interest of boards.ie. He has apologised and shown remorse for his past actions, and now he is involved in this idea.
    If you are opposed to the Elders, then let it be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Hahaha I was watching the who's online page, and funnily enough flogen logged off and 2 minutes later the Elder posts.

It's a silly idea mate.

EDIT: And now he's back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ecksor/Dev/Regi/Luc, please lock this tripe :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TheElder
    Syke. Why is it that a users involvement in The Elders makes their personal suggestions and embarresment about previous occourances any less honest?

The user you refer to, Flogen, has made all previous suggestions in what he considered to be the best interest of boards.ie. He has apologised and shown remorse for his past actions, and now he is involved in this idea.
    If you are opposed to the Elders, then let it be so.

*sigh*, then perhaps you should read the PMs you spammed me with flogen, the bits where you said that you would press ahead for sh*ts and giggles?

Really man, creating a troll account is looked dimly upon.

creating a troll account is looked dimly upon.

a troll account would be an account from which a person trolls, not posts forum suggestions.

We have never denied the indentity of the user behind The Elders Idea. Yes, it is Flogen. This account was created in order to form an independent medium from any perticular user, so that Flogen could post as he does across the community, and The Elders could post when The Council decides to make an announcement.

And Syke, at what point did you think (along with others) that the use of the royal we and so on was not for the purpose of sh1ts and giggles, Infact I PMd ecksor asking him to unlock the thread when he locked it earlier so it could be discussed. In this PM i told you it was in the name of humour, and we did not expect to be given any actual 'power' over others.
    Do you not think that some mods need monitoring, some complains get lost or ignored and some forums are hanging around when un-used for weeks/months??

I think that this idea is no less relevent than the majority of the public forums section etc.

Do you not think that some mods need monitoring, some complains get lost or ignored and some forums are hanging around when un-used for weeks/months??

I think that this idea is no less relevent than the majority of the public forums section etc.

Personally, I don't think that forums, *especially* public community forums should be created willy nilly, and certainly I don't think you should be in any position to monitor anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I think mods on boards are grand and in some cases beyond grand:D I wont name names but some mods take a huge interest and put great input into the waters they patrol.

I just like the idea in general because it gives the average boards user a little bit of a say in things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I thought that the rules are there for everyone to obey, including the mods. Why should we need someone to oversee the overseer's.

Surely a regulatory body is a bit out of hand for a BBS.

• Advertisement

Perhaps you could read the post I made.

This is not intended on being an actual, official watchdog. However, i do think that every user should be in a position to monitor the actions of mods and users. I dont necissarily think that each person should make the final decision on what happens, or that the admins MUST listen to the people, whatever they may be saying, however I think a forum where the common users can discuss (without flameage) a suspected abuse would be viable. In Feedback/suggestions it is well known that most 'i was banned' etc threads end up in flame wars... just look at the two near the top at the moment.
    If for example UnrealQueen had taken her complaint about Ivan to an Elders forum, the topic could be dicussed by the Council, and a decision met. Lets say it involves us PMing Ivan to voice our concern at his actions, PMing an Admin to point out where we think Ivan failed as a mod, and/or telling UnrealQueen where Ivan was right in the way he acted against her. I think that the feedback/suggestions forum should and could be put to better usage (such as a place for feedback and suggestions), rather than a place for angry users to berete mods and admins about how they feel on an action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Correct me if Im wrong but doesnt Multiple accounts == banned (both accounts!) or even Prison ??

:eek:

<edit>
    If you cant stick to the simple rules - how do you expect people to believe you?
    </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    Correct me if Im wrong but doesnt Multiple accounts == banned (both accounts!) or even Prison ??

:eek:

I reacon banning his ass will shut him up fairly sharpish and stop him annoying everyone with his incesant ramblings. I don't see any proof of support here. So I don't think he has any. It's like vaporware.

I do hope that both the Flogen and TheElder accounts are not banned. I was not aware of any rule, however if there is one, please someone point it out.

Neither account is in itself breaking the rules, so perhaps it is ok, i would have thought having an extra account to spam/troll from would be a bannable offence.

Originally posted by Verdammt
    I reacon banning his ass will shut him up fairly sharpish and stop him annoying everyone with his incesant ramblings. I don't see any proof of support here. So I don't think he has any. It's like vaporware.

Yeah, all its seemed to attract is a swarm of angry mods...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Read me :rolleyes:

Thanks Johnny...
    As I am not trolling, hopefully I will not be banned on both accounts, however, unless DeV and co. see the funny side to this account I guess TheElder will be banned at least.
    Perhaps I shall switch over to flogen for now, and see how things go;)

Dont worry Elder , we'll just get you unbanned again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Lads give him a break

he's photoshopped a nice sig and created a yahoo mail acc for his cause.

for these two reasons alone

I fully endorse this product :rolleyes:

sleepy....and tired.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye hes got me convinced now .

board him . and join me up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Worst. Thread. Ever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That is arguable by many people. Alot of mods have and will make unfair move and decisions against a user for personal or other unjust reasons. We the Council have, in many cases not seen anything done to the offending mods, and any complaint is ignored or results in a flamewar which serves no good.

We intend to monitor the mods and report abuses when a majority agrees.

we already have a private Mod Forum for this, where we can get helpful comments and advice on our moderation, I do not believe we require another one, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I really should have known better than to read past the first post on this thread, yet the power of stupidity compelled me.
    The Elders could post when The Council decides to make an announcement

I'll be delighted when The Elders announce that they won't post any more suggestions like this..

Actually that is a nice sig.

Don't agree with the idea though, the mod board is teh win for all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Well done flogen, in case people didn't think badly enough of you, you go and do this.

These type of accounts (BLP etc) got old a very long time ago. Seriously, what were you thinking man? :rolleyes:

My God.
    Flogen, you really don't know any better do you?

If you thought it was ok to suggest, why did you not say who you were to begin with? Why use a second account?

Personally I find it trolling. Its a spam suggestion. You spammed mine and other users PMs, sending unsolicited messages asking us to support your forum suggestion. You did it from both your flogen and The Elder account.

Spamming via PM is not allowed either.

Thats wasting my time.

So I *AM* complaining about you. Officially. Lets see if the system in place works? Shall we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmm, I'm amazed nobodys used a gathering card yet.
    Nice troll, I'll give it 6 out of 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

"Complaining" "Making offical complaints"...jesus lads get over it for God sake.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SheroN
    "Complaining" "Making offical complaints"...jesus lads get over it for God sake.

You weren't awake at irony class were you SheroN ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement