Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering broadband

• 15-03-2004 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I'm considering getting broadband at home, I'm on a 1mb line here in work so it zips along quite nicely during the day, but I've rarly got connection speeds above 40k at home (a long time since I paid £130 for a 14.4 modem)...

This frustrates me & I end up hardly connecting at home as a result.

3G have the eircom offer at the moment with an ipod at a discounted rate of €150 as an incentive, so I was thinking of going for this & selling off said ipod to displace some of the cost of connection - €40 a month.

Getting broadband would cut my phone bill to almost nothing (line rental is currently the top charge with internet next & wife's calls after that), so I'd possibly get rid of the phone & just use our mobiles.

Is there anywhere doing a better offer than 3G/G3 ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

You need the phone line to get BB so you can't get rid of the line rental charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you could see if you eligable for irish broadband which doesn't need a phone line

www.irishbroadband.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Unfortunately I'm not line of sight with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

You need the phone line to get BB so you can't get rid of the line rental charge
    Unless you get Esat Business but then your paying a fair amount more.

Advertisement