Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor GPRS Palm Tungsten Settings???

Options
  • 15-03-2004 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi!

Having just signed up to Meteor, I now need to get the correct settings to make my shiny palm tungsten t3, connect to their network.GPRS works fine on the phone (Siemens S55) but I get a PPP timeout on the palm when i try and connect...

I have checked the latest "phonelinkupdater" from palmone and not surpisiingly they don't have meteor's settings included...does anybody happen to know the settings?

I asked meteor and I assumed from the silence on the other end of the phone that their inevitable answer will be no...

please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

making sure you have been set up for their recently launched Internet GPRS access (not just WAP) - you can email internetaccess AT meteor.ie to get set-up

what are the GPRS settings are you are using on the S55?

on the Palm in Preferences you can create a new connection (to the S55 via Bluetooth) and in details using the Init String:
    +CGDCONT=1,"IP","isp.mymeteor.ie"

and then create a new network profile to connect to the GPRS service, selecting the connection you just created, dialling *99#, and in details setting the idle timeout to never

note, you may also need to enter a dummy username and password if you get an error saying Incomplete Setup when they are left blank, try entering gprs for both

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

Hi DubWireless...

That didn't work! Where do I enter the init string...don't seem to be able to edit the details for the blutooth connection to s55...

should i send an email to internetaccess@meteor.ie and see if they have more custom instructions for the palm?

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by bazooka
    Where do I enter the init string...don't seem to be able to edit the details for the blutooth connection to s55...

you can create a new connection e.g. BT to S55 Meteor GPRS
    Connect to: Phone
    Via: Bluetooth
    Device: S55 (Make it a Trusted Device)
    Model: Standard GSM (Don't choose Siemens S55)

Then the Details button will work, set the speed at 57,600 bps and replace the Init string to the one given above. Then save this connection and base your new Network Service profile on this on this Connection.

Sure, send email meteor, they might have the steps available.

BrianG

Hi BrianG...

I tried all that (including sending an email to info@meteor.ie - still waiting for a response!) and am still getting a ppp error on the palm...

Error: PPP Timeour (0x1231)

Any further thoughts?

the internetaccess AT meteor.ie is the best address to use, are you sure you are set you up for access to the isp.mymetoer.ie access point (APN)?

as mentioned above it is separate to the WAP and MMS GPRS services, it is a an "ISP" GPRS service which your account needs to be set-up for access by the operator, also last time i checked with them it was for bill customers only so far

an alternative approach is to enter the isp.mymeteor.ie access point into the S55's GPRS configuration in Data Services. This would enable you to use the phone's email client to check your (pop/imap) email account, if that works then you know if you are set up or not on the GPRS front

BrianG

• Advertisement

I tried changing the GPRS on the S55 to be isp.meteor.ie, didn't work. I also phoned the customer care (on hold for fifteen minutes) and they said I definately was setup for the ISP service...

Apparently they did received my email, and they are working on it...so i suppose I will keep playing and wait to hear from them...

i will let you know what they come back with...thanks for your help:D

I tried changing the GPRS on the S55 to be isp.meteor.ie, didn't work.

maybe instead of changing the existing one, can you set up a new one for the ISP settings (p96) and configure the email settings to use that (p59) - to make sure you don't end up with a half ISP/WAP profile

BrianG

was thinking of trying that, except that the wap gprs works fine straight from the phone...

whats this about p96, p59....is that from the manual? my manual only has 59 pages and so does the one i downloaded...

was thinking of trying that, except that the wap gprs works fine straight from the phone...

WAP and ISP are separate ways of connecting to the internet so you need an individual configuration / profile for each

whats this about p96, p59....is that from the manual? my manual only has 59 pages and so does the one i downloaded...

try the Long Version of the Manual from the product support area on the site

BrianG

Advertisement