Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Russian Election

Options
  • 15-03-2004 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Vladimir got back into the Kremlin.

The american government accusses him of getting there by dirty deeds.

How can they condemn him for that?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd be more concerned with the views of Independent Observers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

Sounds like the whole pot/kettle scenario to me.

You would have thought the Bush administration would be VERY careful about making acusations about improper election practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I disagree

Bush maintains that he was failrly and rightfully elected. Ergo, for him to remain silent would automatically give weight to the charges that he should do so because of the manner in which he was elected...which clearly he isn't going to do.

So regardless of whether anyone thinks Bush is the rightful or wrongful President of the US is somewhat seperate to the issue of whether or not he would make comments.

Also, as deveirl pointed out, the corruption in Russian politics is - at the very least - far more blatant and heavy-handed than anything in the US.

People talk about the US media having given Bush and/or Republicans an easy ride, but in Russia they are controlled by the state, who clearly abused that power.

• Advertisement
Advertisement