Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 lands safely in UCD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I emailed computer services, and got a reply today. This is how computer services tells you to install a programme:
    To do this you must inform your faculty who will in turn contact their CUAC member. The CUAC will propose this issue to the Computing Services liason for the faculty. If there is a valid academic reason for installing the software computing services will consider the application.

This is a university. A place with the primary aim is learning. The computer industry isn't some tiny only-3-people-in-the-industry type thing. It's huge. How else can you learn about computers than by exploring? What if you want to try something? What about independent learning? What about initiative? Isn't this what a university should be about?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I told you so!

Tin-pot dictators. I wish someone would figure out how to do the free printing again - then i'd just send a million pages to the printers in the deadalus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

my pen drive works fine, that is one of the best things about 2000 i found that you don't need a driver

Advertisement