Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iolbb filesharing

• 16-03-2004 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this shouldve gone in a broadband thread or not.

Somebody said that it should be really simple to do this but I can't forward the ports on my Zyxel 630

I'm on IOLBB and have the Zyxel 630. I was trying to setup a bittorrent client and I keep getting a NAT failure on the ports (my connection is "yellow" on Azureus).

I've had a look for solutions but haven't been able to find anything on the boards.

Does anyone know of a how-to guide or have any tips or examples.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

This guide might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

yellow light means waiting for client.
    do you have a PPPoE client on your PC.
    If not there is one on the CD,
    There is a manual on the CD also under the "Readme" folder
    If you still have problems email "support@systemhouse.ie"
    This is the official channel for ZyXEL product support in ireland.
    (Permission granted to use the email here)
    MArtin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive the same problem , never get more than 2k , will try the guide , thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for the guide.

Didn't realise I had the XP firewall on. If i have zone alarm is it ok to disable the xp one altogether?

feck sake ! Ive tried everything to make download speeds faster ( getting 2 - 7 k )
    I disabled firewall , I forwarded ports 6881 - 6811 and tried 6881 - 6889 . messed around with upload metre but still getting ****ty speeds !

I did get 50 k for a whole 700 mb when i wasnt even uploading ! (it was on 0 k ) which was strange , but everything since then hasnt gone above 7 k even with 10 + seeds , any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i find it all depends on the client you use as much as the ports you open

I can't download .torrents except in Removed . Other clients such as ABC and Azureus see the peers/seeds after about 10 minutes, but never ever connect to them. Burst sees them within 30 seconds, and usually starts downloading immediately, and i mazx out my line all the time, assuming theres enough ppl sharing out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

DONT link to bittorrent client's its against the rules linking to fileshareing progs

ill let you off the one week ban seeming you mighten of seen the post where i said there will be zero tollerance against people breaking the rules from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by bizmark
    DONT link to bittorrent client's its against the rules linking to fileshareing progs
    This is beyond belief - why?, it's not as if a user can search for anything using the shadow client (presume its what you ripped out) they afto get a torrent file from somewhere - MF is NOT linking to anywhere where you can get illegal stuff - what if the poster wants to grab Mandrake 10.0 and asks for client suggestions? - we tell them to piss off?:mad:!!. This is a joke Evil Tool <-- look a link to a tool that can be usefull to pirates quick edit it!!!. Ridiculous:rolleyes:.

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    This is beyond belief - why?, it's not as if a user can search for anything using the shadow client (presume its what you ripped out) they afto get a torrent file from somewhere - MF is NOT linking to anywhere where you can get illegal stuff - what if the poster wants to grab Mandrake 10.0 and asks for client suggestions? - we tell them to piss off?:mad:!!. This is a joke Evil Tool <-- look a link to a tool that can be usefull to pirates quick edit it!!!. Ridiculous:rolleyes:.

I agree its like banning forks because they "can" be used to stab midgets in the eye , ye get me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ill think about how to deal with these fileshareing apps tomorrow

Get back on topic though enough fighting deh power for one thread :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 XcellorV2

Heh...

Well I was banned for posting filesharing apps. Hence I am now XcellorV2... New and improved with built in cerebral filtering against anything to do with filesharing... Filesharing what's that??? :)

Only a weeks ban so should be up soon enough.

I'm of the opinion banning links to filesharing apps is a bit excessive. It really doesn't help reduce filesharing in any meaningful sense. All it does it makes peoples posts a bunch of gibberish. But alas tis the way the world is going, imposed censorship and ideaologies.

But at the end of the day what the moderators say goes. Doesn't matter if 90% of people don't have a problem seeing/posting links to filesharing apps. Democracy what is that ;)

At the end of the day it comes down to, follow the rules or dont use the board as simple as that. There are plenty of other boards out there that allow freedom of expression and content (provided it isn't defamatory.. racial, etc etc)...

X

Advertisement