Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[SPOILER] Where It All Begins Again! [/SPOILER]

• 16-03-2004 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Vince McMahon announced on Raw that next Monday, 22nd March the Smackdown and Raw stars will come together and a new lottery so to speak will be made to split the two brands again. This could mean a lot of factions being split, e.g. what if 2 of evolution are on raw and two on smackdown? Also anyone who has a title and is moved to another show will have to drop their title!

I suppose its good from the sense that it'll open a lot more rivalries and we'll get to see a few matches we couldn't have seen otherwise. I wonder does this apply to the cruiserweights? Will we see that division being split and have some on raw too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

yeah heard this too.

sounds like a good plan. Smackdown is severly lacking top heels. Kurt Angle has also been pulled from all upcoming houseshows as the numbness in his fingers is said to have returned.

one move i can see is Chris Jericho jumping over to SD as a heel. He makes a brilliant heel. and he is early enough into a face charachter.

cant see the cruiserweights been split. they come as part of a package and splitting them up would be a bit silly tbh.

not sure about splitting up the women on RAW though.

I reckon what might happen is something like the IC belt going to SD and US belt coming to RAW. that would be coolness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

This is gonna mean major rifts. Over the next 6 months WWE is gonna have to clean up all the brands again like they did when the split first started. Its a good idea, it will keep everything fresh but it will take ages to get used to.

It also said that a few titles may need to be droped. I can see a tournement being set up at backlash then.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

about time, wouldn't the draft be alot easier idea though?

A very interesting notion would be the return of Edge at this, Benoit came back to smakdown a couple of weeks after the roster split last time, suppose would eliminate the surprise of which show angle

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its about time the rosters needed to be shaked up so this will be intresting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Skud
    wouldn't the draft be alot easier idea though?

i long for more continuity in wwe, in small things like this. wish they just call it a draft for continuities sake.

and stop calling streetfights/hardcore matches unsanctioned fights. and call it a cruiserweight elimination match, not a cruiserweight open. i just wish u got a better indication of what ur gonna getfrom the name of some of the matches recently. a small gripe i know, but its the little things that make a better product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

This is excellent news , badly needed shake up and hopefully will provide new openings for some of the younger guys plus revive some of the veterans slightly.

Makes you wonder who gonna be at the Point in May don't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Given the rumours of the revival of the ECW brand, and possibility of WCW being revived, it will be interesting to see how the "lottery" turns out. If either rumour are accurate, then I would assume this will be the event that lays the groundwork.

Originally posted by smiaras
    Can't really see a third brand developing yet out of this, that will require an extra tv slot and its not like the company are top of their game or anything. It would also require some planning and its the type f thing that would be well reported on various websites.
    It has been reported on variuos websites, that's were I heard the rumours originally. They have the extra TV slots that they were looking for back when they wanted to keep WCW separate (they just got them too late), so TV time won't be a problem. If all the WCW titles end up on the same brand, and that brand happens to be Smackdown!, then I t hink there may be a serious attempt to repackage Smackdown! as WCW, especially if Bishoff ends up as GM. When you consider that McMahon plans two extra PPV's over the next year, he may feel they need to totally separate the brands. As for ECW, they could have the extra TV slots, but I just wonder if there is enough demand for such a product now to justify the expense (especially regarding injuries).

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Not gonna happen guys. No way in hell is WWE that stupid. The thrid brand is never gonna work.

Hanza

I know its been well reported to be under consideration but if it does happen I wouldn't expect it to happen for some time now as a change that major in such a short space of time would be well reported. However I find the idea that Bischoff would move to SD and rebrand it as WCW fantastic, it'd be so slick if they pulled that out the bag next week. Fingers crossed, but TBH I don't expect it to happen.
    It's something that I thought should happen for quite a while. It obviously couldn't happen with him on RAW, but if he got moved it is possible. You also have the added bonus that the titles are still regarded as WCW (World Title, World Tag Title, US Title), so literally, only the WCW name would need to be reintroduced, which wouldn't be too much work. He could start by renaming Smackdown! and calling it Thunder, due to the Rock not being around anymore to justify having it named for him.

Originally posted by Hanza
    Not gonna happen guys. No way in hell is WWE that stupid. The thrid brand is never gonna work.

Hanza
    ECW would be the third brand, the WCW would just be a repackaging of an existing brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Yeah Vince said that no one was exempt from the lottery not even his own family (whatever he meant by that!) so does that include the general managers i wonder? Especially with Heyman losing the support of the Smackdown superstars last week.

Would be cool to have WCW back I miss the old invasion angles. If it was WCW then you could have WCW wrestlers going to raw and RAW wrestlers going to Smackdown causing havoc :) Would be pretty cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

*begins vigil praying shane-o-"I love to steal the wrestler's limelight"-mac and steph-"do my boobs look big enough in this"-anie do not return"

Teddy Long for GM!

Whats with your obsession with Teddy? My god, talk about a glorified referee!
    Nero

Yah yah yah... bring back Rodney Cack! Back da Cack!
    Nero

• Advertisement

Thats just it, he didn't work wonders with them.
    In fact, anyone that got associated with Teddy Long, with the exception of Jazz, is now on the shelf.

Talk about a bad omen! You think Mark Henry, Rodney Mack, and Chris Nowinski are guzzling hatorade at the minute? ;)

Nero

I... er... don't really know what to say to that!
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

if teadoue was given a good wrestler to work with (bookert) he could realy elevate him

Advertisement