Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greek Restaurant in Dublin ?

• 16-03-2004 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Does anyone know, if there is a greek restaurant in dublin ? Can`t find one, and would like some greek food. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

There is one out in Bray (not too far from Dublin).
    Trying to remember the name...

Ahh, here it is.. Tree of Idleness..
    Seafront
    Bray
    Co. Wicklow
    Phone: (01) 286 3498

Doesn't seem to be on AdLib though.. Maybe it's closed down..
    It's Greek/Cypriot..

Oh, and here's the AdLib details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

there's a greek restaurant in avoca (ballykissangel) even so i'm sure you'd find one using google in dublin easy enough

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

There is (what I'm fairly sure is) a Greek restaurant on Clarendon Street, just a bit up from the corner with Wicklow Street. It's on the same side of the street as Aya, but not as far up (a couple of doors up from the shop on the corner that sells touristy/antique crap). To access it, you have to go up stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That's Moroccan isn't it?

I don't remember there being a Greek restaurant in Dublin, there was one close to Tower records at the bottom of Grafton Street. Although that's closed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yeah, that's El Bahia - Moroccan, but very good. There's none that I know off and I'm a committed Grecophile. Usually Greek restaurants are a big let down anyway - the whole point of Greek food is that's very basic. Best for home cooking. Get some recipes over the net and do them yourself. A lot of the veg just doesn't taste the same here though.

I don't suppose you know where I could get a bottle of Greek Metaxa brandy.

• Advertisement

Would have thought you could get that in a good Oddbins.

If you want, I can send you a bottle if you pay the DHL costs! :p

I assume you're either in or off to Greece again then Gordon.

BTW best restaurant in all Greece - Lord Byron on Ios - even though it's Greek/North African fusion. Only one I know not in Athens that you have to book a table.

Just checked your journal - off course you are.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

when i was in new york there were lots of greek places but i havent seen any in dublin :(

Originally posted by Tazz T
    I assume you're either in or off to Greece again then Gordon.

BTW best restaurant in all Greece - Lord Byron on Ios - even though it's Greek/North African fusion. Only one I know not in Athens that you have to book a table.

Just checked your journal - off course you are.:)
    :)

Lord Byron - is that in the port or in the chora? I'm amazed that there's a place on Ios where you have to book a table. Other Islands maybe but Ios?!

It's in the Village. Been to Ios four or five times and everytime couldn't get a table when I wanted it. Very eclectic place run by a few girls. Will be back there again in June, althiough my favourite place is Symi in the Dodecanese.

Hope things are working out for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement