Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping through the night

Options
  • 16-03-2004 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

Any theories on what stage babies should start sleeping through? Is it a factor of age, or weight?

What are your experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Our little fella started at 8 weeks. He does it most nights, but occasionally he has a bad night. Its pretty common he'll wake up and then play for a while and then go back to sleep himself. Sometimes hes just needs changing. But he normally gets 8-10 hours a night. Which is fantastic. I've been told when he starts teething we'll be back to more sleepless nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

We've got twin boys who are now 9 weeks, though they were born 3 weeks early so they have an adjusted age of 6 weeks... showing no sign of sleeping through yet. Hopefully at 8 weeks then! I haven't had a decent nights sleep since Christmas and it's starting to get to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Our guy was 2 weeks late so I don't know whats that "adjusted" as you say. We switched him over the bottle at about 5 weeks as the breast feeding wasn't working out. We also started giving him bigger feeds just before 8 weeks so that is probably a factor in why he started sleeping though. So he was getting more food but less often.

Then again the first night he slept through was Christmas eve and we did write a letter to Santa. Actually I reckon it was because we'd told everyone he didn't sleep though, and Christmas eve we stayed with my parents. So he did it to prove us wrong. Actually the first 6-8 weeks were the worst and everything got a lot better progressively after that. So you're nearly there.

Advertisement