Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Audio to Mp3 help..

Options
  • 16-03-2004 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to download a program that will convert from "Windows Media Audio File" to Mp3, if that's possible??

I've tried a few different from the 'Net but none have the capability.
    thx in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Although I haven't heard of an app. that will convert directly from one format to another as you seek, there is an option you could try. The problem with converting from one lossy format to another is that the result will be poorer that the original.

What you could do is convert the .wma file to a .wav in an app like winamp or cooledit on the pc then save the .wav file as a .mp3 file. This will work but remember the quality will take a nose-dive. Is it not possible to get the original file as a wav or mp3 to begin with ?

Good luck

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭moby2101

thx for that Tinky.
    I'll give it a go later on.
    The files are on a server and the only method I had @ the time of recording them was "windows Movie maker" which left them as .wma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

there is a wma plugin for cdex but u still need to go to .wav and then to mp3, ive used this method alot myself, and if ur carefull with the settings the decrese in quality aint all the bad, *warning* this isnt the quickest way, there is a program call advanced wma workshop that will do a straight convert from wma 2 mp3, do a google for it but if i remember rightly it only has a 14 day trial, and none of the you know whats worked on it, but thats worth looking at although the trail on lets u do 5 songs in 1 go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭moby2101

Thanks guys.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

Bit late here but......

Download dBpowerAMP Music Converter and install it. Then download the WMA Codec and install it. Now when you right click on any WMA through Windows Explorer you will see a 'Convert to' option. Select it and you'll see you can convert it to MP3 or WAV. Likewise you can convert any MP3 to WMA or WAV and you can convert any WAV to MP3 and WMA.

It's a handy tool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement