Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thai deal for liverpool close to completion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

They'd wanna get rid of GH before even thinking of spending a bit of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Could be wat Liverpool needs as long as they dont let that f**kin muppet Houllier spend it!! Watched them in the UEFA cup and on Sunday and they where bloody terrible

Did u hear wat Houllier said at half time in the UEFA cup???? "we will go out to defend and if we score a goal it will be a bonus!" this is the home leg of the flippin UEFA cup!! did you ever hear of the word attack?????

Also they where terrible on Sunday!! hear the Southampton Fans "CHAMPIONS LEAGUE YOU MUST BE JOKING!!"

haha class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

would kill me to see Houllier given the chance to spend it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by neilbrady79

Also they where terrible on Sunday!! hear the Southampton Fans "CHAMPIONS LEAGUE YOU MUST BE JOKING!!"

haha class

it was "CHAMPIONS LEAGUE YOUR HAVIN' A LAUGH!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

U say Potato and I say spud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

a number of broadsheets have reported this Thai link so it appears entirely credible. The exact details are obviously speculation still.
    Hope Houllier doesn't get to spend it on 200+ players for the reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Thai PM only wants 'access' to Liverpool
    Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has no intention of taking control at Liverpool, according to the man who is helping his attempts to invest in the Anfield club.

Thailand national coach Thavatchai Sajakul insists the billionaire politician only wants “access” to a Premiership club, with assistance to develop the sport in Thailand also a possibility.

Liverpool chairman David Moores is thought unlikely to sell any of his stake in the club and Sajakul today revealed a takeover is not part of Shinawatra’s plan.

“Our intention is not to take over anything,” Sajakul said. “We just want some kind of access to a Premier League club.

“We are looking very closely at Liverpool and aside from the access we need some kind of co-operation. Our intention is just to support Thai football.

“They [the Moores family] want to have complete control and we have no objection to that. We just want some kind of access.

“Our prime minister has already spoken to the Liverpool chairman but the details of it cannot be revealed. I think negotiations have been going on for the last two-and-a-half months.

“We have told them our intentions, our interest and they haven’t come back officially.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

50 million for a 25% share of Liverpool seems very cheap to me. Micha Owen alone was valued at that not too long ago. I echo the sentiments That GH is likely to waste it on more under achievers if he gets the chance so i would imagine he will be shown the door as part of this deal. 50 Million doesn't go very far in the transfer market they wont have much change after 2 purchases.

Advertisement