Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Borg episodes?

Options
  • 16-03-2004 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Since the money episodes for star trek are often the Borg episodes, what ones were your favourite? Mine where:

Q Who
    Best of both worlds pt1+2
    The enterprise borg episode (shat all over continuity, but was tense and exciting)

Hate any of the voyager ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

first contact while not an episode i've decided it is allowed, Q Who, The best of both worlds, the Hugh one and even descent.

some of the voyager ones where alright but i don't really know there names

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Best of both worlds pt1+2

agreed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Best of both worlds 2 parter is easily still the best of all the borg episodes, its what the borg were meant to be, an unstoppable collective intent in assimilating everything in its path, as Q himself said

"You can't outrun them. You can't destroy them. If you
    damage them, the essence of what they are remains...they
    regenerate and keep coming. Eventually, you'll weaken. Your
    reserves will be gone. They are relentless."

The problem is then what do you do with a machine like this as regards storyline and unfortunately this is where Berman and co painted themsleves into a corner, if you take a look at best of both worlds now and say what the borg become in Voyager they bear little resemblance to each other, the writers had to Dilute what the borg were in order for the stories to work

In my opinion BOBW is the last time we aactually saw the borg as they were really meant to be

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

BOBW parts 1 and 2 is good but its not the best.

I like Scorpian parts 1 and 2.
    I also Dark Fronter parts 1 and 2.

I borg is ok but i wouldent watch it if it was on now at 5....

Enterprise episode was good

It didnt completly reck everything cause the borg sphere was destrored in first contat a borg or 2 could have surived and crashed (didnt they say they found it under the polor ice caps or something like that?) Then They discoverd it and the borg re-activated

I like Scorpian parts 1 and 2.

voyager just made the Borg look like pussys i swear if painway got a Sovy class ship she would of managed to declear war on more races than hitler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well since he only fought between one race it wouldn't have been hard now would it?

shut up data !

Countries races eh what’s the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

TBH i preferred some of the voyager ones purely because the borg didn't look like dudes with scrap metal sellotaped to their bodies with talcon powder on their faces :p

BOBW was good i agree and Descent was pretty good.
    Also liked Scorpion from Voy.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

I think that Janeway crippled the collective way to easily in end game P2
    I'm love the borg the idea of them is just brilliant! but I have to go with my favourite encounter as the pilot of dsg when you see a small bit of the battle of wolf 359 and you see the saratoga get her ass kicked!

but slightly off the point of the borg they could have made the battle against species 8472 much more evil! It started with "the weak shall perish!" sorry if my quote is slightly off and ended in we are pu$$ie$ lets be friends. What I really wanted for the last ep of voyager was a huge fleet of ships to be waiting for the borg as they saw janeway come through the transwarp gate then the borg ship explodeds and then a rift opens up and all hell breaks loose or maybe I just like my CG battle scenes a bit to much!

you havent seen the last of the BORG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

No we have not.

I wonder how many hundeads of years it took to build the Uni-Complex.
    It has trillions of borg working in it.
    Construction time of that would be like the contruction tuime of s dyson sphere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Best of both worlds
    Descent
    Scorpion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

scorpion parts 1&2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Unimatrix Zero (VOY).

Endgame (VOY).

Best of Both Worlds (TNG).

Love First Contact too.