Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&M Society @ DIT

Options
  • 16-03-2004 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I am currently in the process of setting up a new society for DIT aungier street.

The website is here for the moment http://d941395.u33.hosting365.ie/ .

The name http://mmsociety.com should be working in a couple of hours.

Unlike most other societies in DIT this one will provide career and academic benefits along with the traditional activities of getting locked etc.

Let me know what you think and join up if you want.

Thanks,

Max Mojo,
    Chairman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

M&M?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 M&M-Sock

Management & Marketing

there's a name conflict so its M&M for now (an probably always will be).

Basically most of the courses in Aungier St are either in the school of Management or Marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Yes Im DT502 Marketing and E Business and count me in

I joined the marketing soc at the start of last year and nothing happend

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    Yes Im DT502 Marketing and E Business and count me in

I joined the marketing soc at the start of last year and nothing happend

Cool,

If you could sign up on the website that'd be cool.

I think we need 30 members to get funding (not that we will need it hopefully).

I have recruited 4,000 members before so If I can get quarter that for the M&M I'll be delighted.

The B&E is 2,000 at the moment but they are solely Ents oriented.

Thanks,

Max Mojo

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

Originally posted by M&M-Sock
    Management & Marketing

there's a name conflict so its M&M for now (an probably always will be).

Basically most of the courses in Aungier St are either in the school of Management or Marketing.

Unless you're in one of the media courses, like me. Don't lump us in with you lot, TYVM :p.

Our girlies are not all fake tan whores

• Advertisement

Im a Software Development student.

Anyone in the Aungier St campus is welcome to join, I won't lump your lot in unless people in your course join.

Anyone course which has members in the society will have a course rep on the committee so its not like the society is going to be run by 'fake tan whores' or any other minority group.

There is 60 course in the Aungier St btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Anyone in the Aungier St campus is welcome to join

Only students in Aungier street can join?

Fine then.

Anyone want to join the new Kevin Street M&M soc? Its like the Aungier St one, only better!!!:p

We'll take Media Students as well eefs.

Society is open to everyone I think (It will only be registered in Aungier St).

No business courses in Kevin St AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

International Business and Language.

Besides, why do you think only non-technical students would benifit from "career and academic benefits along with the traditional activities of getting locked"?

When DIT moves to Grangegorman the technical subjects are unlkely to be in the same building as the Business Subjects.

The Faculties of Engineering and Built Environment are likely to move to Grangegorman a lot sooner than the Faculty of Business.

I'll be speaking to the three Students Union reps about encouraging the setting up of a few societies to represent the individual faculties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

err.

thats not likely to happen for another 5 years ro so (from what we were told).
    for students and staff of the Faculty of Business in the Dublin Institute of Technology.

err... theres one problem.
    Should be open to all students.

meh

*shrug*

teeheehee, fake tan whores.

I know thats not for at least five years but there is no point in starting a society thats going to be outdated in 5 years.

It is open to everyone but if you try to cater to 20,000 people with one society your going to end up catering to the lowest common denominator.

People in the Faculty of Business have something in common i.e. their course content.

Most of us will either get a B.Sc. in either Management or Marketing.

The C&E society in UCD doesn't try to cater to 15,000 people and neither does the L&H try to cater to 10,000 in Trinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Why only Aungier street :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by ClareBear
    Why only Aungier street :confused:

Cause there better then you ? :p

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Cause there better then you ? :p

Cheeky git! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

like Bill Hicks says, marketers and advertisers are all satan's little helpers.

Originally posted by Stephen
    like Bill Hicks says, marketers and advertisers are all satan's little helpers.

Ha ha!!

Advertisement