Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DU Meter versus Dial Up networking applet

• 16-03-2004 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I'm a new Clicksilver user.

Seeing as UTVs usage meter is not working I have downloaded DU meter as my usage meter.

However I notice that when my Windows Dial up networking applet shows that I have downloaded 50 MB, DU Meter shows that I've downloaded twice that amount.

This is the same in every session.

Who do i trust?

Can anyone suggest an alternative download meter?
    Would appreciate a fast answer as I want to go on a spree tomorrow!
    Thanks In advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've noticed the same thing and meant to ask about it some time.

My DU Meter is listing 420MB down, 141 up.

The windows dialup icon says it's 148 down, 218 up.

Bandwidth Monitor Pro has 446 down, 181 up.

All have been running the same amount of time (16 hours). There's one hour of time from yesterday that BMPro has in yesterday's history obviously.

I tend to trust the dialup icon but it's shagall use for keping cumulative records.

So I'm in the same position as geecee and would greatly appreciate an answer to the same question for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

If you have a network card DUmeter tracks it twice, tell it to only record info coming in thru "modem name" PPPoE in the options page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Thanks Einstürzende!

Will try that when I go home...

I was bricking it when i saw that i had used 400 Megs last night.... On windows update and some surfing!

200 Seems much more resaonable!

Advertisement