Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Message warning.

Options
  • 16-03-2004 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭

Was just wondering would you be able to put a star beside the Private messages menu option when you have a new message. The pop-up dialog never works for me, and I don't know why.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That used to happen to me until I realised that you only get a Javascript popup if you receive one while you're online....although that may not be what's happening to you.

I too would be supportive of the first option in the subbed menu being for private messages, with a * if you have any unread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It doesn't work for me but then I've recently switched over to the lovely Mozilla Firefox 0.8 and presumed it to be something to do it's relationship to boards.ie's javascript. Or maybe the pop-up blocker now that I think of it. Yes that's probably it. Damn, my first idea smelt of conspiracy too. Ah well back to the drawing board.

!-> ;) <-!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah yes, It could be the pop-up on Firefox thats doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

on opera i get the pop up but when i click to open it in a new window it doesn't happen is this related to the above stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I only ever seem to get the pop-up when I've receieved a PM at some point when I'm offline. The first page I load on boards after the PM has been recieved then has the pop-up asking me do i want to go read it.

<edit: God I wish i could make sense sometimes>
    <edit2: Oh, and I'm using IE6.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'm using firefox and I get the popup.

Advertisement