Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gadget

Options
  • 16-03-2004 4:27pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php

Needs tarting up but is essentially functional. Shows threads on your subscribed forums and threads which you've subscribed to which aren't in your subscribed forums (which was my main problem with the front page). The checkbox at the bottom can be used to make sure that only threads that have been posted to since you last visited will be shown.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mmmm I like the Limit to 200 option. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

cool thanks ecksor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Excellent :)

Cool, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

V. Good/Handy.

What do I owe you?? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

eeuuuu
    very snazzy eck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Like it! The simpleness of it is also an appeal to me, in the open office environment it is a little more discrete than the normal from page.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Nice. It would be really sweet if you had an alternate sorting option..."by forum/by thread"

jc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Couldn't you just tilt your head or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I gave my monitor a shake, and they all fell into place.

Howdyadothat? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

wow... never realised i was still subscribed to some threads from over 2 years ago..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

jesus, thats great.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

jayus that handy.

put that together with firefox's reload every **mins and your sorted.

well handy. :D

.Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Ecksor ..thats a deadly gadget..is there no end to your talents ? ... " No " you say ?

In that case do you think you could make one of those gadgets for the entire sports section of boards ..as talked about here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

One little problem with mine! The date of the last post for any thread is in the format dd/yy, not dd/mm/yy.

Not to worry, that'll work in April.

ah, infact ah.... Gift !

Originally posted by Alany
    In that case do you think you could make one of those gadgets for the entire sports section of boards ..as talked about here

Hm, perhaps. That'd seem to be going down the road of channels. The new front page has code for restricting to categories, check out http://www.boards.ie/new.php (sport not implemented apparently but that's easily fixed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by ecksor
    Hm, perhaps. That'd seem to be going down the road of channels. The new front page has code for restricting to categories, check out http://www.boards.ie/new.php (sport not implemented apparently but that's easily fixed).

Jaysus, that gadget is handy but the new front page looks tops. Big improvement over old front page.

Good work lads!!

the new fornt page isnt as new as it used to be..infact its been arounf for a quite a while now. Im wondering do you have an expected launch date for it ?

Not that im complaining or anything, I know you dont get paid do this....

Just pondering is all

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I think I finished coding that page about a year ago. Anyone want to contribute some fancy new graphics for it? That's all that's needed, really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement