Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now THATS bad karma

Options
  • 16-03-2004 4:49pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dont remember seeing this part of the Dreamcast ad campaign.....

As the title says, bad karma... :D

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

it wasn't a european campaign, the swirl isn't blue.

I don't think there were difficulties with the PS2 shipping, I say it was a ploy by Sony to increase demand.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

it wasn't a european campaign, the swirl isn't blue.

wow, you know your Dreamcast...

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought everyone knew about the different colour swirls... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    I thought everyone knew about the different colour swirls... :P

they had to do it because some else had a red swirl trademarked in Europe, didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i heard it was due to market research showing gamers saw blue as a more attractive image (as in cool, not sex) for a console then orange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I remember this. It was a US advert. They actually bought the billboard near the Sony HQ and put one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yeah that pic jogs the memory alright. Maybe i didn't see it up and around, probably scene it on the net. Class though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by Hobbes
    I remember this. It was a US advert. They actually bought the billboard near the Sony HQ and put one up.

The probably got the idea from the old Amiga CD32 advertisments that were put up beside Sega HQ in the early 90s. They had a picture of the CD32 with the line "To be this good will take Sega ages" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They could not colour the swirl orange in Europe due to trademark infringement, I think it was with a German software company or something.

The ad is a real throwback to the 80s/90s when console companies would tagline their advertising around gunning down the competing machine; "Genesis does what Nintendon't" and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It feeds the playground console wars and brand loyalty :)

Kinda like "Pro Wrestling" in a way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement