Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats To Hardy Eustace from Tullow

Options
  • 16-03-2004 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

Excellent win by the horse from Tullow!!!

Go on Hardy!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Congrats Hardy!

Great race.

I had a tenner each way on the beauty and he fought home in first at 33-1 !!!!

Beers!!!Beers!!!Beers!!!Beers!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Yeah .......... and there was Syke tipping it to us over on another thread an hour before the race!

I reckon we should beat the bejaysus outta him as to how he got this info!!
    Or else, maybe, be very nice towards him........... he haz the contactz.

33/1 ....... Sh**.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I am nearly crying here. I was listening to the Adrian Kennedy phone show and a bloke got on the phone and told everyone to back it. I forgot. AAAHHHh.:( :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

YAY! 33/1 with 5 each way. Wish I had put 200 each way now :D Was nice to see the odds were stil at 33/1 throughout. The local bookies were none to pleased as a lot collected a good lot off em.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Isobar

Had money on him myself... Not a load but at those odds it returned a nice bit.

On Beer this evening

:):)

• Advertisement

I've never been this dissapointed over a bet in my life, even when I lost a bet because I've never lost bloody 330 which I would have won today. I really can't believe I never put it on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I've never been this dissapointed over a bet in my life, even when I lost a bet because I've never lost bloody 330 which I would have one today. I really can't believe I never put it on. :(

Your not the only one, I was talking to the owner last week and he said he would run him on wednesday in the Coral cup coz he thought Rooster Booster would be too good for him.

I had him last year at 4-1 and thought I done well!!

Bookies in Tullow will be a tad sick I'd say

Originally posted by irish1
    Bookies in Tullow will be a tad sick I'd say
    They probably would have made up for it considering only one favourite won.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    They probably would have made up for it considering only one favourite won.

I really doubt that, people that don't back horses at all would have been on Hardy, and they wouldn't having been placing any other bets either.

33/1 is a really big hit, I don't feel sorry for them do, never liked the bookie
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Last winner there came in at 50/1? :eek: To the time machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

another horse won at 40/1 aswell!!!

F*ckin dublin bus got me delayed on way to bookies had fifty euro to put on (25e/w) for the family, got in the door of the bookies, seen the mighty Hardy Eustace being led in. I was told by the owner (through my dad) to back it but i was going to anyway, it was inevitable he would win the spirit of Kieran Kelly made sure of it.

All those who watched it today, you have seen the new Istabraq.

Originally posted by Healio
    All those who watched it today, you have seen the new Istabraq.

I wouldn't go that far, if youve followed Hardy you'd know he hasn't performed all that well this year, between him and Lar's other horse Hardy Duckett I've lost my fair share of money.

Happy for the owner do he's had a lot of horses in the last 10-13 years and Hardy Eustace is the first one to really come up trumps.

yeah i think they've found a real gem here now, it stays further and is only 7, mind you he could be lined up for a chasing career it takes him a few runs to find his form but its well worth the wait. God ive seen the race at least 20 times today it gets better each time.

I was listening to FM104 (where most of Dublin got the Hardy Eustace tip) last night and so many people won hundreds and thousands. I'll never get over missin out on it.:(

god my dad came back tonight, he is a bookmaker, his profit on the week was stg£65,000. i suppose it helps when he knows the owners of ardy eustace and kicking king.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Healio, did your Dad operate at LAST year's Cheltenham meeting? And, if so, did he lose?

Just in case ppl get the idea that being a Bookmaker is a guaranteed licence to print money;)

yeah he's been doing cheltnham for about five years, he sold off the off meetings though i.e he does the festival and the (hennesy) Paddy Power meeting.
    2003 was an absolute bloodbath, he must've lost upwards of stg£20,000.
    Being a Bookmaker is not a guarnteed way to make money, you have to know what you are doing and take risks you can afford to do, not like a certain on course bookie who always takes on the jolly for the sweep and ends up signing iou's on the back of tickets.
    Also you have to keep books and pay tax on your winnings (for the year) as far as i know its around 12.5%, though there are dodgy bookies out there who lie in their returns so they dont have to pay this i.e sayin they made a loss when they clearly didnt (driving 04 registered bmw's).
    when a pitch is sold capital gains tax also has to be paid.
    It is easy to make money if you know what you are doing also you need a high capital to get going and to maintain your position.
    It is also quite stressful, i.e trekking out to sligo in p***ing rain to lose a few grand and then trek home with your clothes stuck to your skin.

Advertisement