Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom League

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Waterford were playing alright last nite. Wille Bruton had a good start and Darryl Murphy played well throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

shels 1-0 Rovers

ok as a rovers fan i dont think its that bad of a result considering that we lost 9 players prior to the start of the season and that our first game is against the reigning champions. i went to see the game it only cost me €10 cos im a student :D
    we were dreadful in the first half. i was suprised that we were only 1-0 down going into half time. we were better in the second half and created a few chances but wasted far too many. there were a few positives to take from this game.Palmer, Rutherford Mooney and S.Grant played very well and we dominated the game in the second half. hopefully we can put a few good results together and stay in the premiership. we`ll be moving into our new ground soon so things are looking up but id be suprised if we finished higher than 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 healy001

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Not if John O'Flynn stays fit. I'd love to see Cork in a bigger competition than the iter-toto as O'Flynn is top class and its only a matter of time before he gets an international cap IMO.

Mr. O' Flynn is a class player i do agree with ya and it is only a matter of time before he does get an international cap. im only being biased as im a shelbourne supporter. lets just keep an eye on the two players and see what the outcome is at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by galwaydude
    thats a good idea as im sure there are alot more league of ireland fans out there, much better than supporting liverpool at the moment( personally)

Yeah I've just noticed while reading through this thread that theres a lot of names posting here that don't normally be seen on the soccer boards (at least in posting terms).

I think a lot of people are put off by the constant bickering between Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal fans about who is the better team.

I know foot.ie has forums but boards is handy and would bring a lot more people into it i feel.

i agree a seperate forum called domestic soccer or simply eircom league would be great way to promote the EL. its time people showed a bit of pride in their national league plus we wouldnt have any cynicism from middle class ManU or arsenal fans there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Richmond Park this Friday night - Rovers v City - excuse my culchieness but.... how do you get there from town, what bus?

The 51B from aston quay comes every 15 mins and it drops you just outside the gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Not sure if this is true but I think its €15 in for big dublin derbys etc. and €12 for the games against the smaller teams

That was the plan at first but according to the Shels site it's €15 for all home matches and €10 for for students - I think it was only €5 for them last season!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Looks like I'll be posing as a mooching student for the league campaign so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

They're getting tight on that though Sean. Was talking to a few mates who were there on Friday and they said students have to go in through the Ballybough end and they actually check for ID.

Who knows how long this'll last though, once they see crowds go down they'll probably drop the prices again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Yeah I think childers and students go in the one entrance ,
    *remember* theres a free matchday programme worth €2.50 too :). . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by LizardKing
    *remember* theres a free matchday programme worth €2.50 too :). . .

Jayz, I think I'll pay in twice, to get one program to write my team line up in, and one to keep as an untouched souvenir!

Only €30 at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Turn your sarcasm detector on ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement