Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Benoit DVD

• 16-03-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Being released in the states in july, so hopefully over here in time for christmas, should be pretty damn good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Provided they don't mess it up! If they don't go lax on the WCW stuff, it will be an amazing DVD.

However given how they've used their WCW material in the past, i have my doubts :(
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I'll be getting that then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

cant wate. they used the wcw stuf very well for ray mastero, and rick flair (witch i ordered in a mounth ago and never arived) so maby theyll do this one well to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by a-hole
    cant wate. they used the wcw stuf very well for ray mastero, and rick flair (witch i ordered in a mounth ago and never arived) so maby theyll do this one well to

check out play.com for those type of dvds. they are usually very competitive price wise, quick, and free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Hopefully there is some of his japanese and Ecw stuff as well on it.Will be good I reckon anyways.

• Advertisement

"WWE will be releasing a Chirs Benoit DVD on 7/19 documenting his career through the indies, Japan, WCW and his long road to becoming WWE champion." - from rajah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

can they show indies and japan even though they dont own them or will they just show clips and no matches, why was ecw not mentioned i taught vince owned that video colection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Yes...

As long as WWE give the relivent amount of kudos, recognition and money to the various indies.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by a-hole
    can they show indies and japan even though they dont own them or will they just show clips and no matches, why was ecw not mentioned i taught vince owned that video colection

The wwe own a massive video library, not just the wwe,ecw and wcw stuff, and anything else they'd want to use from japan etc. they can just buy/liscence is a similar way to how music is bought for compilations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

The WMXX DVD:
    The DVD for WrestleMania XX will be a three disc set. The set will feature the PPV itself, the Heat broadcast, Hall of Fame footage, bonus interviews, the 'Greatest Matches in WrestleMania History' TV special, and 'The Mania of WrestleMania' special.

Also silvervision have done a wm3 and wm4 double disc set, and a double royal rumble set too

• Advertisement

Wasnt that Mania of Wrestlemania filmed at WM19 last year? I heard its gonna be a really big documentary about the back stage feel of Wrestlemania. SOunds good. Even though the PPV was nothing special, Im still gonna get the DVD.

Will be expensive, but I dont really care.

Hanza

Same here, (yeah Xero, you read right, eventhough the PPV was complete toss!), even if it is just to complete the collection, the extras will topple the actual event!

Nero

Originally posted by Hanza
    Wasnt that Mania of Wrestlemania filmed at WM19 last year? I heard its gonna be a really big documentary about the back stage feel of Wrestlemania. SOunds good.

Yep, it was filmed backstage at WM19, and I believe it's a documentary in the style of Beyond The Mat rather than Confidential. It actually aired in the States last week.

And as usual we dont get to see any of the good WWE stuff over here. :mad:

Hanza

Speaking of DVD's, the Monday Night Wars came out in the states and Canada, Scott Keith reviewed it earlier this week. He wasn't impressed as the DVD fell into the same lines of the rest in the sense that it skipped a load of chunks and vital stuff that could have made the DVD.

I'm still interested in seeing it all the same.
    Nero

i was looking it up. the actual dvd is only 90 minutes long ffs. theres another 90 mins of wrestling which is 2 matches from raw 2 from nitro (cant remember which)

i betcha that this is largely made up of the nwo dvd, and 1 or 2 new interviews. why couldnt they make this a 20 hour 5 disc monster. could have been amazing

And yet again, WWE drop the ball.
    Nero

Well, it's the first ever Benoit DVD, so maybe they're testing the waters a little seeing if there's actually a demand for Benoit DVDs. It would make sense to test it now after his big title win when he's at his most popular, instead of throwing a whole load of footage on it in what could amount to a waste if it doesn't do well.

Originally posted by Exit
    Well, it's the first ever Benoit DVD, so maybe they're testing the waters a little seeing if there's actually a demand for Benoit DVDs. It would make sense to test it now after his big title win when he's at his most popular, instead of throwing a whole load of footage on it in what could amount to a waste if it doesn't do well.

i was talking about the monday night wars dvd. 90 mins of dvd. 90 mins of wrestling footage
    play
    says "86 minutes of the matches and events that changed the face of sports-entertainment." but lists the Duration as 3 hours (approx). shockingly short imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I downloaded Monday Night Wars - was good for me cause i missed all those years of wrestling. I'm sure for people who were watching wrestling at the time it would be nothing new. The best parts were when Flair was saying how he hates Bishoff. There's one bit when the 4 horsemen re-unite and Flair comes out to a huge pop. Then Bishoff shows up and Flair lays into him, calling him a no good son of a bitch - classic stuff, really raw emotion - Flair had just come back after being sued.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    i was talking about the monday night wars dvd. 90 mins of dvd. 90 mins of wrestling footage
    play
    says "86 minutes of the matches and events that changed the face of sports-entertainment." but lists the Duration as 3 hours (approx). shockingly short imo

ah! oops.

Advertisement