Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netsource package

• 16-03-2004 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

i am currently on soho ,and signed up 6 months ago,heard about they are changing package,i am happy with my currently BB service ,do i have to change?because i don't want to have 16G cap!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

"i am currently on soho" means you you have a 16gig cap.
    What's more you have had this cap for the last 4-5 months.

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mouse_busy

but when i signed up,there is no cap,no download limit,that's what i should get ,isn;t it?and i still pay 66 euro a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by mouse_busy
    but when i signed up,there is no cap,no download limit,that's what i should get ,isn;t it?and i still pay 66 euro a month

Dream on. I signed on for the same package and like you and there other subscribers, got shafted with the 16gb cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mouse_busy

they didn't send me a email or ring me or post me a letter to tell me about the cap,should i call them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wondered about the emails some ppl say they have received, my username:pass is in the format user@netsource.ie:pass , so tried both on the website and in outlook using mail.netsource.ie as suggested on http://www.netsource.ie/html/support.html but it doesnt accept the login.

Is there something i'm missing here?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

they didn't send me a email or ring me or post me a letter to tell me about the cap,should i call them?
    Have you really been out of the loop that long? - there is no negotiation - the contract (the one you signed) says that they reserve the right to change the terms of said contract at any time and without informing you. This is questionable legal practice but most people either left them or are planning to do in the coming months now that the competition offer more for less.
    I wondered about the emails some ppl say they have received, my username:pass is in the format user@netsource.ie:pass , so tried both on the website and in outlook using mail.netsource.ie as suggested on http://www.netsource.ie/html/support.html but it doesnt accept the login.
    Yeah - I never got that sorted either, *shrugs* leaving them soon anyway.

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Originally posted by Longfield

Is there something i'm missing here?

Yeah, they prolly never bothered to set up your email address. they didnt with me, probably because i was using a hotmail address when signing up, call support and they'll set it up for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

you have to email or ring them to get it set up ... the username is a bunch of random shit that I cant remember .... and worst of all ... within 24 hours of creating the account it had spam

Thanks m8, decided i don't wanna go though the farting about with disconnection fees , reconnection fees setup etc.

They never replied to my cancellation mail..so have decided just to ask them to move me to the 1024/256 package ..as apparently upgrading is subject to no connection charge and doesnt have the domain b/s associated with it. Was hoping that sending from a netsource address would be more recognisable than a gmx or eircom one.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I can confirm there is no charge in upgrading from SOHO to the 1024/256 package. If as in my experience with them its extremely fast process, just a matter of sending them an email, no new contract to sign. You can drop the domain name. 4 port broadband router is also included in the deal. However there is a 24gb download cap but no upload cap. Eircoms same service is about 4 euro ex vat cheaper with a 12gb cap.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by talla
    I can confirm there is no charge in upgrading from SOHO to the 1024/256 package. If as in my experience with them its extremely fast process, just a matter of sending them an email, no new contract to sign. You can drop the domain name. 4 port broadband router is also included in the deal. However there is a 24gb download cap but no upload cap. Eircoms same service is about 4 euro ex vat cheaper with a 12gb cap.

Which addy did you mail to do this, sales/account/enquiries@netsource.ie to do this , would like to experience 1024/256 goodness asap :)

emailed original query to sales, nicola replied, pm me if you want mail address of this person :D

For some reason i'm unable to edit my original post :confused:

What I meant to say was eircom were €4 more expensive ex vat than netsource but cap information is still correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Originally posted by Longfield
    Thanks m8, decided i don't wanna go though the farting about with disconnection fees , reconnection fees setup etc.

They never replied to my cancellation mail..so have decided just to ask them to move me to the 1024/256 package ..as apparently upgrading is subject to no connection charge and doesnt have the domain b/s associated with it. Was hoping that sending from a netsource address would be more recognisable than a gmx or eircom one.

wow, Don't reply to your customers and ignore them and they give you more money.
    I have some sh*T i'ld like to sell you email me about the price. If i dont answer i'll double it :)

Don't they have a cap that you would hit pretty easily at 1MB.

24Gigs.

Yeah, but 24gb is better than any other package at the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    Don't they have a cap that you would hit pretty easily at 1MB.

24Gigs.
    If you can't get wireless then the only alternatives are a 12Gig cap from eircom or uncapped but twice the price from Esat, and that's only if you are near one of their few exchanges.

Advertisement