Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3->TT, Sell A3 privately, buy TTfrom garage??

Options
  • 16-03-2004 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

I finished paying for my 98 A3 back in august and had decided to get a new one. I was a bit shocked to discover that the new model specced the same as mine, was €31000!! ie an increase of €7000!! Bang goes 3/4 of my trade in. I had hoped I'd have a brand new A3 and seeing as I thought I would be borrowing a lot less cause of good S/h value of my old one, I'd be paying half the old repayments. No such luck. Now I can afford the original level repayments , I just thought I wouldn't be paying them! First off how the hell did the price go up so much! Inflation, VRT, Rip-off Ireland??

Anyway, it got me thinking, If I'll be paying that amount I might as well have something good to show for it. I was thrilled to discover that I could have a 2001 180hp 1.8 Audi TT for the same price or less than a new 100hp 1.6 A3! So my questions are: will a garage accept a trade-in against another second hand car, will I get the best deal that way, should I haggle up the trade in value and haggle down the TT price. Am I better off selling privately and buying from garage, selling privately and buying privately. If I am selling and/or buying privately how does the financial end work? I've always bought new and traded in so haven't a clue! How do you tell real prospective purchasers from scam artists or thieves. How is payment and handing over of keys sorted. ie when his cheque clears he gets the keys etc??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I would suggest selling the a3 privately as we all know audi have next to no depreciation rate and going for the audi tt privately aswell,but for cheaper than the tt you can get the opel speedster ,but whatever floats your boat :)

Advertisement