Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF8 on PS2: Won't Save =(

Options
  • 17-03-2004 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else heard of this problem?
    Bought a 2nd hand copy of FF8 today and when I get to a save point I choose the card and it tells me it can't read from it.
    Bit of a pain in the hole this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

yeah man, rememeber when ps2 came out originally, sony released a statement saying that for some reason not all ps1 games would work fully on their backwards compatible system.. so basically yeah, i had the same problem.. get a loan of someones ps1, it's like.. my fave game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Yeah I remember that well. Always thought it would only effect really arse games that no-one bought anyway. Not one of the best sellers...
    Ah well, there's always ePSXe if I can get the blasted thing running again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Is it a PS1 card? You must use a Ps1 card with Ps1 games

Originally posted by jongore
    Is it a PS1 card? You must use a Ps1 card with Ps1 games
    Nope, that's not true at all as far as I know.
    My PS2 memory card has worked perfectly with all the other PS1 games I've tried (Gundam Battle Assault 2 etc.) It's an official card too if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by XCRichard
    Nope, that's not true at all as far as I know.
    My PS2 memory card has worked perfectly with all the other PS1 games I've tried (Gundam Battle Assault 2 etc.) It's an official card too if that matters.

thats actually quite strange as ive never gotten my PS2 memory card(s) to save PS1 games. I've always had to use PS1 memory cards in my PS2 otherwise the damn thing would crash. As a test just try a PS1 memory card and see what happens you never know some games can be tempromental when it comes to stuff like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

i was always under the iimpression that when playing a PS1 game, on a PS2, you needed to use a PS1 memory card....? None of my PS1 games recognise my PS2 8mb memory card. I use a PS1 card for FF7/8/9.

I'll go out and buy a PS1 card to try out. How much do the things cost anyway?
    I remember when I had a loan of a friends PS2 card there were saves for Worms and one of those rubbish Duke Nukem games so I guess it's just certain games that give crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

PSX 1 games will usually only work with PSX 1 memory cards that is my experience.

I couldn't save FF7 on PSX2 memory card... got an old playstation 1 memory card and it saved fine...

X

I'm sorted now anyway. The girlfriend robbed her little brother's PS1 card and gave it to me :) Maybe some of the more recent games can save to PS2 cards.

Advertisement