Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixmania.com ---- need some feedback.

• 17-03-2004 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

has anyone ever bought a camera from pixmania.com.
    i'm going to buy a mini-dv camcorder soon and i'm wondering if anyone has dealt with them before. they have great prices in comparison to the high street, but i'm a bit worried about their reputation (i.e. pretty bad).
    any insights or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone any recommendations on any other online retailers for digital camcorders. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Have a look here .

I too will be buying a DV cam soon as well and the price here beats everyone ( Canon MV6iMC ). They work out from France but have a specific ' Irish ' page so they will post here.

From my web travels this site seems to be the cheapest followed by the Pixmania site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Try Ny Camera aswell.

A girl I know bought a camera from them, they sent the wrong one, she emailed them, and they sent the right one that day, even before they recieved the return from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I wanted to buy a Canon and did a bit of research buying trade mags etc. Pixmania seemed to be the cheapest buying a MV650i and mag said hold off until all the new models come out and the price would come down on old models. In the first night of research the price of this camera was quoted on their site as £328 (€799 in Conns). Went to buy the next morning and it was sold out that was 3 weeks ago and now back for sale at £412! Decided then to go for MV750i newer model - out of stock for the last 2 weeks on pixmania and were quoting £442 but now quoting £416 ! The prices change all the time !

I happened to be in London and eventually bought from svcdirect.co.uk which was quoting £438 which was even cheaper than pixmania at the time. Went to the shop near to Fulham Broadway tube station and they were very knowledgeable and helpful and they were mailing cameras out while I was there. The shop is like a ESB shop and wouldnt inspire confidence but a mate of mine who lives nearby has bought all his appliances there and said that they were excellent - family run business. I would definitely recommend them - I think he told me that it cost £25 to post to Ireland.

Only I visited the shop myself and that I can now recommend them, I probably would have gone with Pixmania - large multinational etc.

I notice that the MV6IMC is cheaper at pixmania too at the moment but prices change all the time and then there could be a problem with stock availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

thanks guys.
    also came across ajelectronics they seem pretty good and cheaper and (from reviews) more reliable than pixmania.

• Advertisement
Advertisement