Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Establishing a Feature Production Co.

• 17-03-2004 4:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Has anyone here got any advice on what it takes to set one up. What tax issues should I be aware of? Is there even a book that someone can recommend on setting one up?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bergstrom

Wow, I asked this a long time ago and not one reply. If any1 had done any filmbase courses and found them useful, please PM me. I have a script I'd like to direct but I'm at the "dummie" stage about setting up production company, business plan for investors etc..

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

We have a Film Production forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=573

You'll get much better replies if you post over there.

Perhaps one of the Film Mods would oblige and move this thread over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there are a few links in the resources thread in the film production forum that might help.

Myself currently in talks with a few people about setting up a feature productions ltd over the next number of years.

the only real bit of help i can give is that there are a few books out there that give a *dummies guide to...* approach towards setting up independent film companies.

one i picked up was called Guerilla's filmmakers blueprint. Which goes through the whole process from the company to making a feature to distribution and preparation for the next piece. Even if it is'nt much help its still a nice read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bergstrom

Ok thanks. Any1 else have experience of setting one up, or do the filmbase course?

Brad

Advertisement