Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett upgrade bundles - thoughts?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 197 ✭✭Wolfie

Havent looked in-depth at the AMD bundles, but the intel offerings are good. Dont think you're saving a terrible lot.. only a few euros. The point of the upgrade kits seems to be that Komplett guarantee that all the components will work together. I suppose its good for the layman.

The IS7 is a great board, and the i875PE chipset is just as good as the P type chipset (which costs more). The chip is great (800hmz fsb) and the memory is DDR400. Only problem with the memory is it is unbranded. I prefer to go with Crucial or Corsair myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I remember looking at komplett bundles a coupla times what kept putting me off was the small savings werent worth the compromises I had to make from my ideal case/memory etc. Plus the ones I wanted were always out of stock.

Good enough if you just want a box and arent too picky tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

My current PC was built with an upgrade from Komplett almost 2 years ago.

What I like about the upgrades, as has been mentioned already, is that you get everything together to work together. Its also handy that they give stock numbers for the components of the kits 'cos I was able to use that to get more memory earlier this year, knowing that it would be compatible.

I'm currently looking at upgrading again, but I'm not too sure about their kits this time. I'm hoping to stick to AMD, but they don't seem to be selling a kit that has a lot of speed. Their P4 kits run at around 2.8GHz, yet the max I can see in an AMD kit is around 2GHz.

I'm tempted to go down the road of an AMD Athlon 64FX but Komplett don't stock it :(

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I personally wouldnt touch the Athlon FX51 the Athlon 64 - 3400 is virtually the same performance (even better in some tests) for about half the cash....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats the cheapest you can build a Athlon 64 - 3400 for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement