Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Battlefield Vietnam be new king?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I do not think it will be king.
    CS is King also with the release of HL2 in a while (i hope) BF Viatnam will be just as popular as BF 1942. It wont be most popular

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Hopefully BFV will improve peoples spelling of "Vietnam".

BFV will be the new number 2 game (or at least will entrench the Battlefield franchise in the Number 2 position), behind the myriad of HL mods.

http://www.gamespy.com/stats/

To be number one it would have to have some sort of irrational hype surrounding it, a la CS.

I find it odd that people say things like "I cant wait for CS in HL2" or "DC for Battlefield: Vietnam". If this what we have to look forward to? Each new game brings with it a clone of an existing mod. Shouldnt Mods be fresh and original, bringing something new to the game and player?

It this type of thinking that was behind the cancelation of Sam and Max 2 and the dropping of "any game that isnt a sequel" thats happening in the industry now. :mad:

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

I am going to pick this game up. Will a person who has never played original 1942 enjoy it?

Advertisement