Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder

• 17-03-2004 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Ellion DVD Recorder

DVD recorder by Ellion

Ellion DVR-900 Multi-region DVD Recorder
    £189.99 on Amazon

Just bought one very happy seems like a bargain to me!

Ka:-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Looks good. Any other links to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Ellion

They look fine for a budget DVD recorder. Ka, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it. Will you post back when you've had a play around with it?

I was going to pick one up bit back but the fact that it recorded in DVD+ and my player will only play DVD- put me off. Think I'll wait 6 months or so and wait for a cheapo HDD/DVD recorder. Someones bound to release one eventually.

ka, did you get this in the end? How have you found it? What sort of media have you written to it etc?

Would be interested in your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

Hi SteM

Great Minds Eh? Was just coming to post!!!

The Ellion is great!! I am using PC Line (PC World own brand) DVD+RW and they are fine. They were £35 Stg for 25 Discs.

The SLP - allows 6 hours on a disc - but you can see the quality loss - but not bad if you are just looking to cram in a lot of tv stuff.

I am using it at mainly at LP or SP

The times per disc are

HQ - 1 hour
    SP - 2 Hours
    LP - 3 Hours
    Ep - 4 Hours
    SLP - 6 hours

I have also copied video tapes to DVD+RW at SP quality for teaching purposes and it is excellent.

Only problem encountered so far is that the discs are not compatible with my PC DVD drive - but this is due to its age I would guess. The burned DVD+RW have happily worked in our other DVD player and a newer PC dvd drive.

Overall very happy, and well worth the money. The software is basic as you would imagaine! But it is functional and basic. EG the timer schedule - set start time duration, channel and quality....Also one touch recording which is very handy. The RW discs wipe very quickly using the erase feature. Titles can be edited and protected also. There is also an auto chpater feature for movies or other recordings - might be handy for teaching materials etc..

At the price I thought it was a good bargain and it hasnt let me down yet!!!

Will let you know of any happenings!

Thanks for that Ka, it sounds like a good bit of kit for the price. I'm just looking for something to copy some TV shows that aren't/won't be released on DVD (the missus is mad into Charmed, Judging Amy etc). This sounds like it might fit what I need it for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

how much was the total price in Euros please Ellion?

Hi!

I think all in with P&P it was €308

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Hi,

Couple of quick questions for you...

Does this play VCD/SVCD/MP3/JPG Disks ?

Is it the "A" or "C" model

What sort of connections does it have on the back - audio & video

How does it compare with the widley available phillips model (which I think is DVD-)

TNX

Originally posted by ThreadKiller

How does it compare with the widley available phillips model (which I think is DVD-)

Philips machines are definately DVD+ machines. +r/+rw are the only recording formats they support on their standalone recorders.

• Advertisement

Hi!

It is the DVDR 900A Model

According to the manual it is compatible with:-

DVD Video
    DVD-R Recorded as DVD Video format
    Audio CD including CD Audio, CD-R and CDRW formatted discs
    Video CD - MPEG 1 and 2
    Super VCD 12cm or 8cm discs MPEG1 and MPEG2
    It will also play JPEG discs such as the Kodak Picture CD

HTH