Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband help

• 17-03-2004 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have had broadband for over a month and I want to install it onto my laptop.It does not have a Ethernet card or port so I have to install it via USB but when I am installing the modem a big blue box at the top says that it is waiting for me to connect my modem and everything is connected,all of the lights are that are supposed to be on are on and the DSL Sync light is on.Did this happen to anybody else or do you have any suggestions what I should do or other ways to install the modem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 XcellorV2

Never had your problem. But again avoid USB where ever I can.

I would suggest buying a PCMCIA Network card. You can get from ebay for about 20 euros including shipping. I got Xircom one... Just don't get one with dongles... I broke two of them. Get one with integrated port so you plug network cable straight into the card.

X

Advertisement