Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Us feckless Irish eejits

Options
  • 17-03-2004 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Also to be known as the "Happy Paddy's Day" thread.

But ain't it true? Just look at our politicians!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

From Questions And Answers, 15/3/04:

Martin Cullen
    Why do we need to spend billions on the army, Sure aren't we part of Europe and anything we need, security wise, they will give to us.

Gay Mitchell Stares in disbelief at Martin Cullen.

Feckless politicians indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell

Martin Cullen
    Why do we need to spend billions on the army, Sure aren't we part of Europe and anything we need, security wise, they will give to us.

:eek: He said that.....what like where is desperate need of that 0.7% (which is only like 700 million not billions) of GNP we spend on the army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell

Martin Cullen

Now, I'm no lover of militarism, but feckless isn't the word. Maybe if he were Minister for Defence he could talk... the scrounger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Happy McAlcohol day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Nyopallo

Two things:
    1) I need to know what "feckless" means, because I hate hearing words and not knowing what they mean.

2) Legal drinking age here is 21, so no proper celebration for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Nyopallo
    1) I need to know what "feckless" means, because I hate hearing words and not knowing what they mean.
    While nobody has gone to the trouble of setting out an official definition of feckless, it may be understood as meaning "Without sense, or without care for an issue"

Advertisement