Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7610 Mega Pixel Series 60 handset

Options
  • 17-03-2004 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

pm_7610_cs.jpg

Nokia announced their latest Series 60 handset today. Main feature being the mega pixel camera. Two tri-band versions. Only 8MB on board though, and support for a reduced sized MMC card (yes! yet another memory card format...) and says the sales pack comes with a 64MB one.

1 megapixel (1152 x 864 pixels) camera
    65k colour display (176x208)
    Bluetooth and USB (via Pop-Port)
    Series 60 apps and functionality

full details...

Hope to have a go on one during the week... the keyboard looks a bit too 'funky'...

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

About time! I cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

thats one ugly phone, look at the keypad, how confusing is that?!

another link: http://www.threegmobile.net/international/index.html

i still want the 6600 which is taking forever and ever to come out on bill pay. a more traditional keypad and i think the 7610 would have sold alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

"The white 7610 is more suitable for female users"

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Looks like a top phone alright! let us know what the keyboard is like to use, might be just close enough to a regular keyboard to be useable!

yay for Megapixel camera phones! definitly next on the shopping list!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ok the keyboard wasn't really for me, you'd probably get used to it after a bit. it's a 7000 series handset, so it's supposed to have a 'provocative design' as they put it. the 3 key felt a bit squished in the corner, and with it being the 'e' key might be a bit fiddly

the 65k colour screen was clear on the demo models they showed, and it was a nice size, and pretty thin

7610_white_front_devices.ie_cebit04.jpg7610_white_side_devices.ie_cebit04.jpg

for those of a more conservative / practical nature that's what the 6000 series is for so the 6600 would suit your needs more in this handset category (or an alternative Series 60 device if you don't have to stick with Nokia)

the Reduced Size MMC card is basically an MMC card cut in half - and again they have gone for an 'under the battery' design for the slot - so no hot swapping.

the outer rim on the front and the back covers can be swapped out, the keypad appeared to be fixed though, they keypad comes in a red/black or yellow/white style

7610_black_front_devices.ie_cebit04.jpg

they were pushing their Life Blog during the demo, although they didn't have any info on hooking it up to the net only suggesting you could email elements out of the blog app on the PC...

BrianG

• Advertisement

Thats a good point about the 'e' key being the smallest key on the board! I will have to try it out for myself when they come on the market!

That life blog thing is interesting, is it free do you know? it looks like a good way of tieing people into the nokia brand between mobiled purchases! perhaps it can only be used by nokia phones too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Anyone know if this phone (unlike the 6600) supports MMS on all the networks?

eh?! whats wrong with MMS on some networks? is it GPRS issues with 6600?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by whizzbang
    eh?! whats wrong with MMS on some networks? is it GPRS issues with 6600?

You can't send MMS messages on the irish networks with the 6600 yet.

Originally posted by Fungus
    You can't send MMS messages on the irish networks with the 6600 yet.

I thought I heard something about that alright and that that was why they were delaying the launch. I'm suprised they have launched it so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement