Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to see Premiership in New York

• 17-03-2004 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any bars that show Premiership footy in New York? Also, is it true that you have to pay a cover charge to see some of the games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Most of them show games and they all have cover charge, the bars are empty most of the time and sports is where people actually go in to them.
    You can technically see every game on over there, live 3pm games inc:

Its 7$ on digital tv to watch them but ESPN2 and FOX Sports show the games kinda live,some are live but time difference makes them unwatchable if you have a job.
    Trust me when you have no way of knowing a games score ,seeing a sunday game in full on a tuesday you will consider it live.

In NY city you can get sky digital some bars in Yonkers have it but have cover charges.

I can give you phone number of a bar owner over there who can point you in right direction.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

thanks for the info Kdjac....

I'm actually only going to be there on holiday but my main concern is making sure I catch City in action agains Leeds on monday (how sad am I?!). Also the champions league footy is unmissable. These games all start around 3pm in NY, so I guess I'll just check out the sports bars. Anybody else know of any bars good for the football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Check your dates here.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tv/listing?cc=5901
    http://www.foxsportsworld.com/named/FSW/Index/Home
    They the free channels FSW and ESPN2 so if it on there no cover charge if it on PPV which every 3pm game is the there a cover charge.

If you come out Port Authority take a left and about 2 streets down on your right (you will notice a very stange car park where cars are parked on top of each other) there is a bar called James O Connor ,always very full for anything with a ball in it. Thats a good spot for sport but get to the Bronx and a bar called Gallaghers they will have every game available taped or live (its 7 in food is good there ) on same street is 5 or 6 bars with umm plastic paddies ,wear an Eircom League jersey really confuse them. If you find WC o Farrels and see a red St Pats jersey tis mine and blonde haired girl propping up bar is my sister :D

Oh dont buy anything in City it less than half the price just outside in place called Woodbury Commons ;)
    Kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Last year I was in NY for the Uefa cup final....I found a nice little Irish bar that shows all the games.Tha bar is called Rocky Sullivans,The bar is located at 129 Lexington Ave between 28th and 29th street. It is about a 5- 10 min walk from the Empire State building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Woodbury Commons
    #

MASSIVE BUMP TO THAT!

Check that place out!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement