Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend recruitment agency

Options
  • 17-03-2004 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking about moving back to sunny Ireland after my 7 years in London, can anyone recommend a recruitment agency , exec selection , head hunters ....that actually knows what they are doing in marketing (hi-tech , software etc) ?

Had a search through a number of them but googling reveals an irish job market entirely focused on lowly paid health sector workers (not very appealing) , even monster returned only about 25 jobs meeting my criteria.

If anyone is working in marketing in Ireland I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the current state of the market.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm using http://www.recruitireland.com @ the moment. Got a few interviews so far. Apply for thte "update" option. You select what job you'd like, and every so often, if a relevent job came up, you'd get e-mailed with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

There's not any that I know. I work in the creative side of advertising, but you may find vacancies for Marketeers on www.adworld.ie from time to time. Also worth checking www.creativeireland.com and www.idma.ie. Your best bet in probably to approach companies directly though, I'd say.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Take a look at the links here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=10

You should update yourself on all things moneywise (tax, rent, prices, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Just bear in mind most recruitment agencies are bloodsucking scum, who want to do the minimum of work so they can take their pound of flesh. (Not that I've had bad experiences with them or anything)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just bear in mind most recruitment agencies are bloodsucking scum, who want to do the minimum of work so they can take their pound of flesh. (Not that I've had bad experiences with them or anything)

I second that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

I recommend reading AL][EN's journal. Some of his recent entries are about what he suffered through trying to get a job in Dublin from a recruitment agency.

Advertisement