Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy White arrested over drugs

Options
  • 17-03-2004 7:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jimmy White was arrested last night for suspicion of having Class A drugs at a hotel in Preston. He was playing an exhibition match against Alex Higgins that night. His hotel room was raided & "white powder" is said to have been recovered. He has been released on bail until 21st of April.

See here for more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

he was ment to be playing tony drago at a hotel in nenagh i have tickets
    i guess its going to be canceled :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by tuxx
    he was ment to be playing tony drago at a hotel in nenagh i have tickets
    i guess its going to be canceled :(

He might still make it, after all he will be playing tonight in the Irish masters in Citywest & he does plan to be playing in the World championships in a few weeks. :)

He's protesting his innocence & he's said he'd never bring the game into disrepute. See here & here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ah good to hear hes still able to travel to ireland
    i thought him being out on bail might affect that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

It's just been announced today that he has got off with a caution for possession of cocaine by Preston police.

More info here at BBC News.

Advertisement