Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on using artillery

Options
  • 17-03-2004 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,

I would like to understand something, I ran some test.

If the artillery is called by a scout :

Once you are on a big gun, you right click to get the view from the scout. if you align the 2 yellow bar to aim where the scout pointed, you are well off the target ?

Is it how it supposed to work ?

Also in EoD the mortar feedback is huge not sure if it is bug ?

Any help or advice to give ?

Zaku

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Scout calls for artillery
    You get in artillery
    You get a yellow triangle to where the scout wants you to fire so align your Rockets or scud to that
    Then press right fire one rocket and see where it lands then just point higer/lower left or right till you hit the target

It can take a bit of pratice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

The two yellow bars aren't where you're supposed to be aiming, they're what your last shot was - use them for fine-tuning your aim. Use the camera view to see where your shot actually landed and adjust from there.

It's just a pity people are never arsed actually using they're binoculars :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 zakumara

yes i discovered also the new chopper in DC (the medic chopper) has artillery pointer , this is cool.

if several people call for artillery, can you swap in the different view ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by zakumara
    if several people call for artillery, can you swap in the different view ?

I think so, try the mouse wheel after you've right-clicked into the first scout's view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

this is a good topic i was wondering the same myself
    has anyone anymore hints ?

• Advertisement

I think in map like omaha beach this is a must to use well artillery, especially if you are the german the big gun on the beach can do some dammage, the allied will have to run up the beach without vehicle.

Same, anyone manage to use the cruise missile from the boat in DC ? I dont have joystick, it takes a lot of pratice to aim those well, they should have use the same principle as artillery for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just fly it like you would a jet.

If the cruise missiles were like artillery it wouldn't be "proper".

what i meant was that the scout could have a laser designator to point target while the missile is launch, that should also work from laser guided boomb drop from plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I don't think BFV, let alone BF1942 could handle laser designation/radar illumination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

i think they tried it and it lagged up big time as far as i know

• Advertisement
Advertisement