Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Amazon ad preventing me from surfing the net

Options
  • 17-03-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I have the following problem and I was wondering if anyone can please help me.
    This problem has only occured recently.

Basically, whenever I am surfing the internet, browsing through various sites, I sometimes get re-directed to a page that displays just an Amazon ad.
    This is not a popup, just a page with a small advertisement for Amazon.com.
    The page does not time-out or go away, I have to click the Back button or exit the browser to continue surfing. The ad that comes up displays either of the following URL's in the address bar:

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=scorescom-20&p=13&o=1&l=ez&f=ifr

or

http://209.47.15.67/int/set?type=468-60

I am using Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6.
    I have cleared all cookies and deleted files and cleared my history.
    I have all the latest Windows updates. I restarted the machine and I still get this problem.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I would be very grateful as this problem is very annoying.

Many thanks,
    Smurphy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Get yourself a copy of Spybot Search & Destroy.

Sounds like your browser has been hijacked, SSD will fix that for you.

Also consider changing browser. I used to have loads of problems such as what you are seeing and I switched to Mozilla. No problems since then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You should complain to Amazon.com about their affiliate "scorescom-20" too. It won't get rid of the hijacker, but it'll stop the prick that lumped it on you making any more revenue from it.

adam

Advertisement