Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP : I cant system restore !

Options
  • 17-03-2004 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I can't connect to the internet trough the internet explorer icon - I keep getting a error message ( the one you send an error report to ) everytime I double click it.......

So at the moment I'm going trough msn for the internet.....

I rang NTL and they said to do a system restore, so I tried ......

I tried 2 week's ago
    1 month ago
    2 month's ago
    and even last december....

It still won't restore ?????

It goe's trought the process no problem, but when the PC restart's is say's "System Restore Failed" or something like that.......

Can anyone help ? - :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Try get a fix for MSblaster you may have it did weird things to my PC also similair to what you have ie not connecting to net.

To get on net disable error reporting on RPC (make sure you renable it when finished).

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

It's not the blaster worm as we have a machine in our workshop doing the exact same thing-we've ran every scanner on it and nothing is being picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

IE is a piece of dog poo, switch to Firefox as your browser

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=276393

Was invaluable to me for fixing IE errors. The majority of the time, I've found that the errors occur in spyware modules. Find the module, verify that it doesn't belong to MS (This is all in the above article), and delete it. Then download adaware and run it, and presto chango, it all works.
    IE is a piece of dog poo, switch to Firefox as your browser
    Ideally, but because IE is integrated with Windows Explorer, I'd always make sure IE is fully patched and works properly, even though I only use it offline to test web pages.

Advertisement