Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365hosting basic

• 17-03-2004 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

i'm about to take the plunge, should i go for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by griffdaddy
    i'm about to take the plunge, should i go for it?

they're just reselling netsources product afaik.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well you could pay e50 for hosting365

or e30 with UTV

or e45 with IOL (or e33.50 if you also take their phone bundle).

In hosting365 you get a fixed ip address, however you can get a fixed IP from UTV for an extra e5 per month.
    Also 99% of people don't need a fixed IP, use dydns.org insted.

Also hosting365 claim no cap, that is bull IMHO, join them and start downloading a 100GB a month (or proabably even 16GB more likely) and see how fast they either kick you off or throttle you, they seem to be just reselling Netsource, so everything that applies to NS probably applies to them also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Just to set the record straight, we're no longer reseller netsource services, and have suspended sign-ups for our DSL services. We will be launching a new, competetive service in the very near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Just to set the record straight, we're no longer reseller netsource services,

Why?

M

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just to set the record straight, we're no longer reseller netsource services, and have suspended sign-ups for our DSL services. We will be launching a new, competetive service in the very near future.

Hi Steve, thanks for setting the record straight, I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your new products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 XcellorV2

We will be launching a new, competetive service in the very near future.

Yeah when everyone has already committed to a 12 month contract with your competitors... The speed of getting you services to the market is key in this industry especially because it's very undeveloped. You snooze you lose :)

X

Access is not a core business for us, but rather a complement to our hosting services, we are not after broadband market share :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

But WHY did you stop reselling Netsource ?

Will Hosting 365 absorb the cost of Port Transfer for your existing customers over to the 'new' service when it does launch ?

TIA

M

Hi Muck,

I cant go into any specifics, certainly not here :)

We will be moving any customers we have currently signed up at no cost.

Just to add, feel free to PM me if anyone has a 'wishlist' of things they would like to see in a DSL service, we may even offer a special boards brew :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

oh well, just lost yourself a commercial hotel and domestic account. now i reckon i'll go to esat, if we give them our phone call business in the guesthouse they'll do in there and my gaf uncapped for 45 a month. should i take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would love a service with a higher upload.

I saw services in the UK where your service was 512kb during peak periods and 1 mb during off peak periods. They also changed the contention ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Resellers can't control contention ratios or connection speeds[1], these are set by eircom wholesale. What they can do is offer different caps/no caps, extra services, or anything else you can think of that isn't directly related to the connection specifications.

[1]: Actually, now that I think about it they may be able to smudge something together to offer variable bandwidth levels, but it would be awfully messy and I doubt any of the ISPs would seriously consider it.

Advertisement