Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

p800 problems

Options
  • 18-03-2004 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

i have a new p800 and i am wondering does anyone have the answers to a few problems i am having

main thing is that i wonder why certain applications are available in the flip closed mode and some are not - is this to do with the programming of the individual apps -- there is a timer app which i use but when the timer goes off then i have to open the flip to turn it off -- i have a few other apps which i would like to be able to access in flip closed mode - is there a way to do this

next i am bothered by how quickly the screen backlight goes off ( 30 secs ) -- can i change this to 90 or something

my battery barely lasts a day - this is with most extras ( bluetooth etc ) off and only being on the phone about 15 mins and just going throught the menus etc a bit - is this normal

can the vibration in silent mode be adjusted to vibrate more ??

thanks

ww)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by bobmurphy
    i have a new p800 and i am wondering does anyone have the answers to a few problems i am having

There is quite a good forum i discovered on this subject,you might like to try it
    www.esato.com/board/

You may have to register to get into the forum, anyway the info should be there

let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

main thing is that i wonder why certain applications are available in the flip closed mode and some are not - is this to do with the programming of the individual apps

yes - pretty much that's it - some apps can operate in both, some only when the flip is open, it depends on how the developer deals with the flip-closed mode. some provide flip-closed functionality others won't and the device will switch to the default flip closed screen
    next i am bothered by how quickly the screen backlight goes off ( 30 secs ) -- can i change this to 90 or something

there's no backlight timer setting, in the Display Control Panel you could set the light On and Screen saver Off, and set the Power Save to activate after x minutes, however this blanks the display completely but makes for a more flexibly backlight timeout...
    my battery barely lasts a day - this is with most extras ( Bluetooth etc ) off and only being on the phone about 15 mins and just going throught the menus etc a bit - is this normal

the battery needs a few charge/discharge cycles to come up to full strength, and initially a good charge before it's first use (manual says 4hrs min.)
    can the vibration in silent mode be adjusted to vibrate more ??

there's no vibration setting, i've not had any success changing the 5 pulse pattern by setting to a different incoming alert either

BrianG

Advertisement