Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jefferson Airplane

• 18-03-2004 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I really like the song "white rabbit", mainly thanks to a simpsons sketch, and am think of buying Surrealistic Pillow, where they a one hit band or is the rest of the cd as good ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Somebody To Love is a cool tune too...

Check a 5 star review here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I Got White Rabbit From Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. God Damn That Songs Kikass. Recommended Download For Anyone, Lol Povided You Legally Own It On Cd. Hehe. Freeride Is Cool Too.Search For Phychedelia (probably spelled incorrectly). Im Into Stoner Rock Mostly.

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

HOLY ****!!! OMG!!

I did a bit of searchin after I saw this post and Im after findin out that Jefferson airplane are the same crowd that did the 80s rock songs under the name -Starship- "We built this city"
    and "Nothings gona stop us now"

I fuggin loved those songs as a kid, played em over and over again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

the blue man group does a sweet version of white rabbit

check out this: Grace Slick paintings of Alice

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bus77
    HOLY ****!!! OMG!!

I did a bit of searchin after I saw this post and Im after findin out that Jefferson airplane are the same crowd that did the 80s rock songs under the name -Starship- "We built this city"
    and "Nothings gona stop us now"

I fuggin loved those songs as a kid, played em over and over again:D

Yep, Jefferson Airplane begat Jefferson Starship, Jefferson Starship begat Starship... :p

What happened in the 80's ? How did Mick Jagger and David Bowie go from "Sympathy for the devil", "Starman" etc to "Dancing in the street", Billy Joel from "Piano man" to pure evil and wrong "uptown girl" and a band that wrote "white rabbit" to "nothing's gonna stop us now" (even though as a kid I loved the song and the video)?

Nobody's really sure what happened in the 80's, it's best left alone. Just let it go. :p

Nobody's really sure what happened in the 80's, it's best left alone. Just let it go.

Your right, thank god I wasn't old enough to understand what was going on, still think it has something to do with Regan and Thatcher though but never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

So they were busy in the 80s as well as 60s , so what were they up to in the 70s?
    detox?:D

anyway theres a good White rabbit video goin around the p2ps. highlights include "groovy" psychedelic colors and your woman lookin into the camera lookin like shes about to break out laughin :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

best tree hugging hippy crap music around :)
    i love them great chill out music,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

For an introduction get their best of 'Jefferson Airplane > Jefferson Starship > Starship > Hits '. It's a 35 track compilation of all their most famous stuff between 1965 and 1989 ordered chronologically and as such it's interesting in itself to hear their sound changing from 'peace loving hippy psychdelica' of the begining to polished guitar rock at the end.

Advertisement