Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 - The builders take their time

Options
  • 18-03-2004 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

I travel Dublin to Wexford frequently.

Not a lot changes. It's a building site for much of the N11.

Can anybody tell me
    when the builders will be finished building this road
    and why they only work office hours ?

An approximate year will suffice.

Also who's paying the wages for this situation.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Pal

Can anybody tell me

thanks

The only part under construction at the moment is the rathnew/ashford bypass.
    This should be finished by the end of the year..
    http://www.nra.ie/RoadSchemeActivity/SchemeActivity-2004/

Wide-median dual carriageway designed by Arup and managed by Wicklow County Council, which commenced construction in Q1, 2002. The contractor is Sisk/Morris.
    Antisocial hours work costs more per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by jd
    The only part under construction at the moment is the rathnew/ashford bypass.
    They are also starting the South Eastern Motorway / Bray-Shankill Bypass Interchange. I'm not sure what stage the Wyattville-Stillorgan QBC / upgrade is at.

Originally posted by Victor
    They are also starting the South Eastern Motorway / Bray-Shankill Bypass Interchange. I'm not sure what stage the Wyattville-Stillorgan QBC / upgrade is at.

The wyatville exchange is nearly complete- and you are right about the interchange.
    Driving from Wexford , it is quite apparent the main motorway will continue on to the m50-judging by the alignment of the work in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Driving from Wexford , it is quite apparent the main motorway will continue on to the m50

that's correct - http://www.dlrcoco.ie/M50new/Map2.htm

they still have a 40mph limit on the Kilmac-GOTD section as well, supposedly to allow landscaping work to finish. nobody is obeying the limit though.

Originally posted by Pal

Can anybody tell me

thanks

Report n Irish Times today that the Rathnew/Ashford bypass will open this summer one and a half years ahead of schedule... .
    put that in your pipe and ...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Originally posted by loyatemu
    [
    they still have a 40mph limit on the Kilmac-GOTD section as well, supposedly to allow landscaping work to finish. nobody is obeying the limit though. [/B]

Is the speed limit an official sign. If its not it has no legal standing. Must be the usual metal circular signs , black writing red circle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Report n Irish Times today that the Rathnew/Ashford bypass will open this summer one and a half years ahead of schedule... .

if only the would hurry the feck up with the kinsale road interchange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by Pataman
    Is the speed limit an official sign. If its not it has no legal standing. Must be the usual metal circular signs , black writing red circle.

Yes it has proper signs. When first opened there were plenty of fish-shot-in-barrel-by-guardai occourences but someone high up must have threatened mass pork roastings because I haven't seen them there in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they also have end of limit signs up, but they are covered with black plastic at the moment.

does this mean that the temporary signs they have up at roadworks have no legal standing - there's a 40mph limit on the M11 at the moment where they are building the junction with the M50 but hardly anyone is observing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

What about the speed signs I've noticed on the Kilmacud Road...they are white rectangles of cardboard with "new speed limit" and 30 in a roundal. ARe these legal?

Should a speed limit sign be of a uniform size? I am of the opinion that with new and private speed checks coming in that every section of road that you can enter onto must have a pseed limit sign posted and that these must be posted at regular intervals and preferably with the spped painted on the road beside the sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by BrianD
    What about the speed signs I've noticed on the Kilmacud Road...they are white rectangles of cardboard with "new speed limit" and 30 in a roundal. ARe these legal?
    They are merely reminders, there will no doubt be statutory signs as well.

Advertisement