Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 18-03-2004 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Something must be done, what about some sort of I-bags-dat system where avatars are reserved on a first-come first-served basis.
    If you agree with me, set your avatar to match mine and we'll be one step closer to winning the war on avatar thievery and bringing the culprits to justice.
    You're either with us, or against us.
    Any further avatar thievery will only stregthen our resolve.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Become a subscriber.... you can upload your own avatar then! :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Or you could always just go ahead an purchase an ALL NEW state of the art subscibers account which would allow you the opportunity of creating your own unique avatar.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL!

You also get a journal which you can type lots of crap in AND you get a much bigger inbox for your pm's.

But they're not stopping there. Oh no. You also get the ability to upload photo's and/or pictures to Photopost.

BUY TODAY AND GET UNLIMITED CUSTOM TAGS AND PROBABLY SOME STUFF I FORGOT FOR FREE!

Edit: Damn you TmB. Damn you to hell

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

<== you could always become a subscriber ;)

[edit]Damn you TmB & ampie. Damn you both to hell[/edit] :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

that **** costs money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Depends which mod you sleep with

Btw i made the quake3 avatars, so i got bagsie on this one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by bazH
    Depends which mod you sleep with

Does he get to choose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by SheroN
    that **** costs money.
    It costs one pint a month in your student money.

Pittance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah I see, it's all an evil plot by the boards government... creating new user accounts for the sole purpose of avatar theft, and then "ooh what's this pay to stop avatar theft?" ... well isn't that convenient.
    It's extortion that's what it is, a racket and nothing more.
    You're all FOOLS, don't you see what they're doing here?
    Oh I had my suspisions this may be going on many months ago, so I chose an avatar that nobody could possibly want... Proffesor Farnsworth from Futurama... and surely enough they finaly got to me... but at least now I know.
    Oh laugh if you like, but some day... maybe one day in the distant future, you'll log on to find they've gotten to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Its all a sham. I went and subscribed, changed my avatar, and then realised that I was far too attached to my original avatar, and so had to change back.

Curse my love of teh Cow! (Well, I am from outside Dublin, after all ;) )

But then again, I do get to talk about random sh*t in my journal, and slag off my hosuemates and get in lost of trouble and stuff! :ninja:

Plus that overwhelming sense of joy I was promised from supporting my fav website. That might have got lost in the mail or something... I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by seamus
    It costs one pint a month in your student money.

Pittance.

when you put it like that i'll think i'll subscribe and do the fiver a month thingy as i can't bring myself to part with €50 in the one go :)

edit: god damn bank has to send me out a standing order form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

My avatar was killed in a kayak accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If it was on the first come first served basis, then all inactive accounts would be hoggin the avatars even though they weren't posting.

It is slightly annoying though when people have the same avatar, I usually go by avatar and don't bother looking at the username.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

It is slightly annoying though when people have the same avatar, I usually go by avatar and don't bother looking at the username.

aye me too to the extent that i replied to someone by name after seeing the avatar only to realise someone else had his avatar and he was like wtf is xyz. i'm sure someone else has used the data avatar but is not a regular poster. i will kill him.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Giblet
    My avatar was killed in a kayak accident.
    It's still too soon to move on?

You brave brave man. Chin up. Chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's like replacing a puppy, except in this case, it's a rat. I know if I do it, It would help me move on, but I couldn't betray ratbert like that.

I think you should get out there, maybe try a few avatars, nothing serious - don't put yourself under any pressure.

It would help the healing process and who knows you might meet the right avatar before you know it.

can a Mod move this to PI please?

Yeah I need to discuss how my avatar is a filthy whore and will shack up with any Tom, Dick or Truckle.

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    can a Mod move this to PI please?
    No thanks.
    You'd like this all swept under the rugs wouldn't you Beruthiel?
    You'd like this moved to PI so all the arm-chair psychologists can classify, pidgeon-hole and perscribe a coctail of drugs that keep us quiet and subdued.
    You'd like to administer hours of electo-shock "therapy" until we're nothing but drooling cabbages wouldn't you?
    Well the silent minority won't stand for this kind of thing any longer, the truth will set us free.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by our man in moscow
    down with this sort of thing.
    Carefull now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Slydice uses the same avatar as me. i see the avatar and wonder when i posted on that thread. A part of me now thinks i'm slydice....Boobies.

18938boards_cards_intermission.jpg

Another virgin card deflowered. The fresh ones just feel sssssssssoooooooooo good...

/me hears sirens in the distance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah i often see the unibomber avatar and for a split second think..."i didnt post here"... then realise that it aint me...

Flogen

Originally posted by crash_000
    Slydice uses the same avatar as me. i see the avatar and wonder when i posted on that thread. A part of me now thinks i'm slydice....Boobies.
    You've got me all paranoid now, I just saw my posts above and saw the avatar, then thought - "hey who's that posting here using my avatar the cheeky git?"
    I've stolen my own avatar, how can this be let to continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Its all a sham. I went and subscribed, changed my avatar, and then realised that I was far too attached to my original avatar, and so had to change back.

I had the same problem. My love of my space invader too strong to give up so I flipped him horizontally and later gave him shades to reflect the fact that I'm cool and the ciggarette to, well, annoy members of the Church of The Self Righteous Ex-Smoker. :)

Only subcribers can have the same sort of bonding relationship with their loved avatar.

So pm today. Our Admins are standing by to take you to subscriber heaven.

[secret note to SantaHoe: Red stars = communist conspiracy?]

Pfff we don't all make big fancy moderator wages you know :p

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Pfff we don't all make big fancy moderator wages you know :p

we don't make any cash money you know!

but the hoes and lashings of drugs more than make up for that! I lurve you Admins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

why arent i getting any hoes or money

• Advertisement

Maybe broadband isn't high-profile enough to warrant lashings of coke and hookers...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement