Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Thanks for the link Ecksor, makes more sense now. I recognise most of the avatars, but some of them I'm still not sure about. Mine is the newsreader from futurama, but I'm fairly sure everyone got that one!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

News to me. Gimme a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by blondie83
    Who is the unibomber? I don't remember ever seeing him on tv before. What show was he in? Incidently my avatar is nice and safe cos there's so few girls on boards the chances of someone picking it are slim to none!!!:D :D:D

Too bad almost all of them call themselves "blondie" or "barbie"!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Big Chief
    can i have the hagar the horrible avatar locked for me only? i paid good money to the boards fundage! :p

pretty please? :(
    No fundage is ever enough, they want your soul.
    Cast aside your false notions of individuality and join us in our avatar protest.
    (Page 20 on the 'list')

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

hmm. not much of a responce from those in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Considering you've spammed about 60 or 70 posts on this thread you're lucky I haven't banned you, locked this and sent it to the recycle bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

you to eh?

made me a custom avatar then realised i missed my hagar the horrible one :(

ive seen people with my avatar and it does annoy me yes as sometimes im browsing through posts and think "heh i didnt know i posted on this thread" to only reaslise that it wasnt me, but just someone with my avatar...

can i have the hagar the horrible avatar locked for me only? i paid good money to the boards fundage! :p

You can do some very simple things to make it unique. Like flipping it horizontally and adding say a Scottish flag in the background eg:

bigchief.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Make and do with Amp.

I forsee a new board...

Originally posted by ecksor
    Considering you've spammed about 60 or 70 posts on this thread you're lucky I haven't banned you, locked this and sent it to the recycle bin.

erm what? were you directing this at me? ive posted 3 times out of 69 posts (as of now) to this thread.

Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper
    erm what? were you directing this at me? ive posted 3 times out of 69 posts (as of now) to this thread.
    Maybe he's only been looking at the avatars instead of the names... which proves a point tbh.
    Who's who omg I can't tell! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

poor bloke

first the avatars, then theft of free speech whats the world coming to.

commie mods tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Pred

indeed, we want santa as our new leader
    tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Originally posted by ecksor
    News to me. Gimme a link.

Here you go, apparently she is called Linda http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/CharacterBios/linda.dhtml

And there is only one barbie and three blondies - we're not that bad!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

eh, he was serious? ¬_¬

Originally posted by Dave
    Make and do with Amp.

I forsee a new board...

Well Tony Harte was a hero of mine. Oh Morph what wacky adventures will you get into today!?

i endorse this product and/or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by amp
    You can do some very simple things to make it unique. Like flipping it horizontally and adding say a Scottish flag in the background eg:

bigchief.gif

amp, will you have my babies? ;)

:eek: :eek: you might regret that offer

Hmmm, the plot thickens.
    I assume there are no specific measures in place to stop a group of people signing up for the "supporters pack" and executing a series of mass custom avatar theft?
    Perhaps just save someones custom avatar and reload it as your own.
    Nobody is truly safe from the avatar thieves, a new wave of "high profile" avatar thefts may be exactly what they want.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Um no, but thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Yeah I need to discuss how my avatar is a filthy whore and will shack up with any Tom, Dick or Truckle.

can i have the number for you avater... i want to, erm... talk.

Also, i recently spotted an avatar theif, he stole my avatar! I was scanning through a thread, and was trying to see the last post i made, so i scanned through the avatars and started reading my post.... and i said to myself "WTF is that, i didn't write that!". And i was rightly confused. I was just hoping i didn't go off and druken posted again.

It turned out it was a damnable avatar theif! I'll get you yet zoidberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i have joined this cause to stop avatar theft after seeing more people with the hagar the horrible one!

vive le resistance!

Mutant_Fruit
    The only way this will ever stop is when we get the support of everyone... join us in our fight against avatar theft so that we can be free of this once and for all.

The Unabomber avatar is on page 20 on the list... cast aside your misguided notions of individuality, and fight this evil power

first of all Big-Chief if that is your real name, You have a copied my forum sig which i copyrighted.
    second you have taken my avatar.

we really need to work together on the stopping of avatar and sig theft it is getting out of hand.

Originally posted by Co33iE
    first of all Big-Chief if that is your real name, You have a copied my forum sig which i copyrighted.
    Well in fairness, he publically TM'ed it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Pred

we need more people to join our just cause for avatar choice freedom and human rights for personalised avatars. do the world a favor! all you have to do is change your avatar to the unibomber (on page 20). eventually the mods will have to give in and we'll all be able to pick our very OWN avatar!! although i personally would not change my avatar for i will be a proud wearer of the unibomber avatar just to remember these great days in our battle for rightiousness and making these boards a better place!. Join us now!!!

Well put Mister Pred.
    Avatar theft is all these people understand.

hope custom avatars are avail soon for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Gah!, Down with this sort of stuff.It can only be defined as theivery if you had it first.Ive had this avi now for a year and a half.But as there is no way of determining when the use of a certain avi was started and were stuck with a set of pre determined avis- were kinda cursed.I will consider the subscribers option, but Im a lazy tight git who makes ducks seem loose.Im might change If I see an Avi that I loike.

My costom avis are far nicer tbh.

• Advertisement

Go Team Unabomber! At first I was sceptical that a campaign to get the avatar system completely overhauled to enable people with little or no imagination or creative talent to keep an avatar that they probably picked randomly in the first place, was a daft one.

Of course the fact that it would take time to code this by the people who run boards.ie for free is irrelevant.

But now that so many people (about 5) are supporting it I feel that it's only a matter of time before this fad becomes boring. Hold on, I think it did just get boring!

If you want a unique avatar you must pay for it. It's that simple.

Next up, the campaign for free journals!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement