Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

um still don't know who you are and couldnt care less child
    Ha ha! He responded to it! Now everyone can call him nana forever. The big nana. Ha ha.This is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

DapperGent wrote:
    Ha ha! He responded to it! Now everyone can call him nana forever. The big nana. Ha ha.This is great.

like i said, child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Can I have some money please Ecksor ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Sorry, all I have now is my savings to try and get me through college.

ecksor wrote:
    You're sure about that? A few minutes ago you seemed to be sure that this place was a profit making business that we worked on for the purposes of making money.

Are the subscribers too shy to ask for their own money back that they need you to do it on their behalf? What I was actually planning to do with the subscriber features was to turn off new subscriptions (which I did) and add on the downtime of the features to the length of existing subscriptions so that they got the features for the same amount of time that they signed up for (for anyone who wanted me to do that; lots of subscribers have made no secret of the fact that they were just using it as a method of donation anyway). In the meantime I've been trying to accommodate problems by responding to requests on the Subscriber forum or via PM.

The only person who has asked us to return money was a commercial trader that I banned for repeatedly abusing the site and gave us 5 euro via the donation facility.

I am sure, and the fact that you quote me as a reason not to refund speaks for itself, whatever about the downtime of the features, what about the downtime of the site, its down at least 6 hours a day, 12 to 6 say, and as this isn't going to be fixed in the short term, ie replace the pentium pro on dial up, i think you should, if you are a non-profit making body as you say, offer a refund for services not rendered to all who subscribed

edit : this site does not work most of the day and to expect people to donate or to take donations can only have profiteering motives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

like i said, child
    Nice one. Zing!

I am sure, and the fact that you quote me as a reason not to refund speaks for itself

No I didn't. Read what I posted.
    whatever about the downtime of the features, what about the downtime of the site, its down at least 6 hours a day, 12 to 6 say, and as this isn't going to be fixed in the short term, ie replace the pentium pro on dial up,

What's with the exaggerated poor specs? Are you not trying to make a serious point any more?

The site is slow between the times you mention, it is not down. And as for short term, the server we bought to replace the current webserver should be installed in the next two days. Where are you getting your information from exactly?
    i think you should, if you are a non-profit making body as you say, offer a refund for services not rendered to all who subscribed

Even though nobody who subscribed has suggested this? Are you not starting to get the feeling that there's something you're missing about the subscriptions?
    edit : this site does not work most of the day and to expect people to donate or to take donations can only have profiteering motives

Well, we could take no money and stop serving pages altogether. You only have this facility to complain about this site off of the back of the people who've been generous enough to subscribe or donate you know.

And we don't expect every user to give us money. As has been stated by us before, we will never charge money to sign up and post on the public forums. If you don't feel it is worth it or if you don't want to give us anything, then don't. Oh look, you haven't. What are you complaining about again?

BTW, the site will be down for about 30 minutes in the next hour. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

bananayogurt....

I dunno why you can't understand what ecksor is saying to you. Either you are supremely ignorant or just completely stupid.

It is pretty simple. The rate at which the site is growing means that it costs more and more money to run the site. So, people subscribe. They don't "ask" anyone to donate money. They have a small, discreet button that you can click, if you want to. Everyone has a choice. They sure as hell don't go around at the beers bullying people into subscribing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

ecksor wrote:
    Aaah the 3am backup! :)
    This is an outrage, I want my 0.00 euro back :(
    embee wrote:
    They sure as hell don't go around at the beers bullying people into subscribing.
    That's a good idea... worthy of a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You're a class act nana, you really are :D

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    Well, we could take no money and stop serving pages altogether. You only have this facility to complain about this site off of the back of the people who've been generous enough to subscribe or donate you know.

And we don't expect every user to give us money. As has been stated by us before, we will never charge money to sign up and post on the public forums. If you don't feel it is worth it or if you don't want to give us anything, then don't. Oh look, you haven't. What are you complaining about again?

just donated 50 quid, am i entitled to complain now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

of course its free its a bb, who in gods name is gonna pay for a bulletin board, ppl pay for t&a not bb's, but whoever runs this site IS milking it for all its worth

Yeah now you speak of it last time I met DeVore he was drinking Moet from the bottle and lighting his Monte Cristos with €50 Euro bills, the ba$tard.

BTW I was being sarcastic. Anyone who thinks the Admins are "living it up " on the "profits" from Boards probably believes there are WMD's in Iraq as well :D

Moriarty wrote:
    You're a class act nana, you really are :D

i like to think so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

gandalf wrote:
    Yeah now you speak of it last time I met DeVore he was drinking Moet from the bottle and lighting his Monte Cristos with €50 Euro bills, the ba$tard.

BTW I was being sarcastic. Anyone who thinks the Admins are "living it up " on the "profits" from Boards probably believes there are WMD's in Iraq as well :D
    We must invade....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

gandalf wrote:
    Yeah now you speak of it last time I met DeVore he was drinking Moet from the bottle and lighting his Monte Cristos with €50 Euro bills, the ba$tard

you forgot to mention the beluga caviar as well Gandie, buckets of the stuff!!!
    would he give me any?!
    nope :( :eek:

just donated 50 quid, am i entitled to complain now ?

Was this a troll? I'm inclined to ban you if it is.
    Either way I don't particularly want your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wow bubbles, you really don't ever go to bed, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Everyone here is much too nice. You're banned from the System forums for trolling. If you want your 50 euro back, no problem. If you think you can do better, please, fire ahead and set up your own site. If you want a persistent whine, buy a Lada.

Thanks for telling us about how easy it is to turn on a radio button, I have one beside your name that says delete user.

John.
    --

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeV stands shoulder to shoulder with Cloud, arms crossed and a 'nine' in his hand, nodding slowly and deliberately.

Cap his ass, Cloud! Do 'im, end the mofo!!

*ahem*

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Serious response now....

Ecksor pointed me at this thread and I've read it from start to finish. I have to say that I went through a number of emotions from anger to laughter (cheers Dapper!) but my first emotion was, believe it or not "fear".

DeV.

• Advertisement

Yes, its true, at first I was afraid.

DeV.

I was petrified.

DeV.

Kept thinking I could never live without you on my site
    But then I spent so many nights
    Thinkin' how to make money from this throng and we grew strong
    And hired hookers in a thong...
    And so you're back, from outta space
    I just opened up this thread and you are right here in my face.
    Cloud should ban you, you stupid cock
    I should charge you an enormous fee
    If thought for just one second you'd be back to bother me

Chorus

So now go, walk out the door
    just close the browser
    Cause you're not welcome anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to hurt us with your lies.
    Think we'd crumble?
    Think we'd lay down and die?
    Oh no, not I, I will survive
    Oh as long as I know how to charge I know we'll stay alive
    I've got all my life to live
    You've got all your cash to give so I'll survive
    I will survive. Hey Hey.

DeV's Hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

LOL........this thread is one of the funniest things i've ever read. And to top it all off i've got that tune stuck in my head.... :D

Oh and i'd like to donate some of my beer money to Boards or does donating 50quid get you banned :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

He's after getting a hold of the drugs again :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

l.m.a.o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Must.......dance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

DeV has asked for clemency on your behalf. I'm not sure who I feel most sorry for now! Your brief System ban has been lifted.

Not "clemency".... amusement value like this doesnt just drag its knuckles in off the street every day you know!

DeV.

• Advertisement

Cloud wrote:
    DeV has asked for clemency on your behalf. I'm not sure who I feel most sorry for now! Your brief System ban has been lifted.

thx, i wasn't trolling though, just cause I had some strong opinions on the matter doesn't make me a troll, anyway I'll head off now lest I rile someone else

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement