Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap bird seed

Options
  • 18-03-2004 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy budgie seed (preferably in bulk) for a reasonable price? I have a budgie and a cockatiel the cockatiel eats sunflower seed aswell and they go thru a box of Trill per week,.It's about €1.80 for a pretty small box and stuff like this should be cheaper in bulk.There was a brilliant petfood merchant near me but now he's closed down.
    The cockatiel eats like a horse, he's 4 times as big as the budgie and he's only 6 months old!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Back Stabbath

In petshops you get them in bigger bags.
    But I hope you know if you feed your birds only seeds they will die of malnutrition, fatty liver disease, or some other illness caused by a weakened immune system. They will probably also cost you huge vet bills. Most books and websites say the lifespan of a budgie is about 7 years. Its 15 - 20 or more when they are fed right and looked after properly. They say a cockatiel can live up to 18 years. They should live to 50 years.

Its like a human eating nothing but white bread.

Birds need to be fed a variety of fresh veg and fruit EVERY DAY to be healthy.
    Veg and fruit should make up about 2 thirds of their diet. Seeds lack protein, many many vitimins, (especially A) minerals, etc.

If you are not prepared to give them veg every day, then you must feed them Harrisons Organic bird pellets. The best food on the market.
    Feeding them fruit and veg every day is probably the cheaper option.

If you cant afford the food, you cant afford the animal.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Thanks but that post was from 3 and a half years ago!!!

Advertisement