Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry

Options
  • 18-03-2004 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Played Far Cry yesterday. The only word is WOW! First of all it definetly runs smoother than the demo. The graphics are stunning (even on 1024x768 and medium quality settings). I'm about 3 levels in. The one thing you really notice is the requiremnt for tactical thought. Its a hard game and you can get killed quickly. So I find myself taking my time, looking around, using th ebinoculars before launching an attack on a camp or whatever. The enemy AI is truly astounding, the best I've ever seen in any game. I haven't gotten to any of the "scary" parts with mutants and stuff, mostly outdoor so far. Been in Dune Buggy, Jeep and hang-glider (sweet). There's not much more I can say - its probably the best game i've played since.... Half Life.

I think its due for retail release in 2 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Yeh March 26 is release date. Can't wait for it after playing both demos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

And it's only £17.99 sterling on Play.com. Credit card is getting hit the next few weeks. Have Far Cry and Unreal 2004 ordered from Play for 17.99 and Splinter Cell from mx2 for 17.99 too.....and i still have to kick this CM 03/04 addiction!!

Originally posted by mbroaders
    And it's only £17.99 sterling on Play.com.

How did you get it for 17.99?? Its 24.99 on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Nasty, must of gone up. I had ordered a couple of weeks back. (Even posted about it in the bargain forum)

Although......Just noticed its only £17.99 at Blackstar too http://www.blackstar.co.uk/game/item/6000000000389

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    Played Far Cry yesterday. The only word is WOW! First of all it definetly runs smoother than the demo.

What graphics card are you using Bud?
    It runs a little rough on my ti4200, I was thinking I'd have to upgrade earlier than I intended. So hopefully not now!

• Advertisement

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Can you save at any time, or is it still some kind of waypoint system? I hate those.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in the pczone issue they review it saying it does the way point system of saving.

i like it as it makes it more challenging because if it's a quick save you rush into everything knowing that you'll only lose 10 seconds of gameplay if you die

can't wait for next friday as

far cry is out
    CS:CZ is out (i'll be renting it)
    Splinter cell: PT is out

too many good games out that day. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is very good and a lot better than the first one. I've been playing it the last week on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    Played Far Cry yesterday.

How did you swing that?

• Advertisement

newsgroups??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

For anyone looking to order it from blackstar for 17 sterling including delivery, you have to order before tomorrow or else it wont be shipped on release day, due to high demand. According to the site anyway. Ive just ordered my copy. 24 euro, not bad.

did anyone order from these before?

review out

here

link wont bring you to review, but its up on the site

cant find the review anywhere on that site, all i can find is a preview

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Cr3m0

CS:CZ is out (i'll be renting it)

who rents out PC games anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by kensutz
    newsgroups??? ;)

God bless deviance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just finished the demo there (got it on a promo CD from Smyth's).
    If it hadn't been for the CD i'd never have looked at the game.
    I thought it needed a beast of a machine.
    I turned everything down to the bare minimum (had eMule dogging away in the background) and it ran smoothly (surprisingly so actually) on my rig.

P3 800
    100Mhz FSB
    640meg ram
    GF4 Ti4200-8x 64meg DDR @ 270Mhzcore/587Mhzmem, AGP2x
    Win2k Sp4
    Dets 53.03

I do believe I'll be buying this game in the near future, along with DF:Vietnam, Doom3 and HL2.

Ground Control2 is also on my watch-list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by patch
    What graphics card are you using Bud?
    It runs a little rough on my ti4200, I was thinking I'd have to upgrade earlier than I intended. So hopefully not now!

my system:
    AMD 2800+
    1 GIG PC3200 RAM
    Radeon 9700 pro 128mb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by daveg
    God bless deviance.

yeah you could say I'm a deviant.
    but ahh not newsgroups - bittorrent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me laughs at daveg's stealthy double-entendre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Gah, great game... but I'm stuck.

Anybody got to/remember the bit where you have to deactivate the regulaters? When you have to "find the first junction", then the 2nd...? How the feck do you open the door to the 2nd junction?! I can open the 1st and (what I assume is the 3rd) with the keycard, I've ran all over the places I can go but I can't find any other keycards to open the 2nd door :/

Help appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

there are three keycards, I was missing one too but there is a stairway bit out of sight. I'll try to draw in ascii where :D

................................D......S
    D
    D

D being door and s being the staircase, . being jsut place holders :)
    the corridor is quite tight and long, I think it was allmost black/dark in there too
    hope it makes sense

I think I know the one you're talking about... the concrete stairs look all broken right? And there's two guys in blue-ish uniforms behind the door at the top, with a glass window looking out at the floor below... and there's an armour boost... but I can't find any keycard! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

that's the one - all three keycards where in the middle of a desk, well 3 desks in different locations actually. blue, red and yellow I think. This office upstairs had the blue card me thinks. each card per regulator
    only advise other than that it run arround some more :D sorry

Hmm... loaded up the 2nd last save and tried again... I can get the blue and red cards... there was one up those broken stairs... don't suppose you remember where the yellow was? :p

Edit: Nevermind :D

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Agent Orange
    Can you save at any time, or is it still some kind of waypoint system? I hate those.
    according to eurogamer, there'll be a patch out next month that includes a quicksave feature:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by daveg
    God bless deviance.

Indeed ;)

I have a problem with the game. Its not keeping my save points at all. I reload it and have to start a new game every time. How can i fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

When you go to "load saved game" make sure the box on the left is selected and then the saved games should appear in the box on the right,Im doing this from memory so, if this makes no sense, ignore me, I got very little sleep last night.

Advertisement