Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics cards

Options
  • 18-03-2004 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I have a radeon 9800 and want to get ready for bf:v tommorow..I had a look at the ati site and downloaded a 'catalyst'..now I'm used to chasing down updated drivers etc and am not sure what to do with this catalyst..is it compatible with all cards or has anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

catalyst is the name of the ati drivers, just like detonators or whatever is the name of the nvidia drivers i think. latest version is cats 4.3 also i think. the latest cats would be fine for you card. you can either download the full file which has the control panel and what not which is usually around 25megs or if you just want the actually driver i think its around 8megs. just follow the instructions on site about removing the old ones.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

how do u find out which version of the drivers are installed on yur comp? The last set of drivers i put on were the ones off the march cover cd from pc format? would they be the latest ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not sure if they are the latest drivers or not, but the release notes for the cats 4.3 didn't mention any fixes for vietnam iirc, sure game wasn't even released at the time the drivers where.

also not exactly sure how to find out what version you are running as i use the omega drivers for my radeon. however right click on the desktop and root around in advanced i'm sure its in there somewhere.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Right-click on My Computer, select Properties, select the Hardware tab, then click on Device Manager.
    Get the properties of your display adapter and click on the Driver tab.
    It'll have them there.
    Or fire up C:\WINNT\system32\dxdiag.exe and click the Display tab.

Advertisement