Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sun's Mania Report

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

You gotta be kidding me, the main events were the sh|t but the rest was ****.
    Here's my take on the event
    *SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO STILL HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, HIT BACK ON YOUR BROWSER NOW!*

John Cena Vs. Big Slow.
    It kinda saddens me to see a guy who was main eventing 11 months earlier at Backlash, to being the opener at Mania, Ah well, at least he made it this year.

Decent enough opener, it's always good to see Cena get the FU on Slow, even if he didn't sell it the first time around. Decent opener as the crowd was into it, but as a match is concerned, it was nothing you wouldn't see on your average SD!

RAW Tag Title:
    I bitched about this earlier, but throwing in Jindrack and Cade here because nobody else was available is a sure fire sign that the division is gone by the wayside. Again, nothing you wouldn't have seen on RAW and would have been better thrown on television the next night. Match was nothing.

Jericho Vs Christian:
    YES! Although a bit far down the card for my liking, A good match overall even if the superplex was botched (and almost botched a second time later), Trish's heel turn would have been completely unexpected by me had i not read the spoilers the day before i got the tape. Was well done out and has saved the undercard which so far, has been pretty lacklustre. Will be interesting to see how this feud blows off.

Evolution Vs Rock & Sock.
    I had no expectations for this match whatsoever, thought it was a lousy way to turn one big shot and one legend into a half-assed gimmick. My cynisism is proved wrong as it was actually a pretty decent match, PPV standard. What was Rock on before the match though, he's bouncing around the place like a ping pong ball!

Hall Of Fame Ceremony:
    Poor Bobby can barely speak, sounding even more emotional as he expresses his wish for Monsoon to be there. Can't argue there, As Wrestlemania's 1-6 proved, One was lost without the other. Studd's and JYD's offspring look so like the parents it's scary! Ventura looked horrible, Graham looked no different than he did 15 years ago, neither did Valentine, still that sour look on his face. Watchable.

Playboy gown match:
    Blegh, botched due to Sable's implants leaking. They had three minutes then they're outta here. Thank christ!

Cruiserweight Open invitational:
    Lol Poor Ultimo narrowly escaped a Shockmaster at the beginning but slips again on the rope causing a chuckle, sadly it's also the highlight of the match as it was rushed too much to be taken seriously. Cruiserweights won't stand a chance whilst Vince Sr is in power.

Lesnar Vs Oldberg
    Oh my god, almost TEN MINUTES OF STALLING! Was Goldberg being paid a million for each move ala Schwartzenburger in T2? After the stalling, Goldberg eventually ends the ordeal over Lesnar who gets booed and the na-na-na-na goodbye chant kicks in. Austin stuns both of them making it the highlight of the night.

Smackdown Tag Title Match:
    See RAW title match, Rikishi and Scotty? The Bashams? COME AWN!! Now's the time for the coffee as Hanza would put it...

Womens Title:
    The coffee hasn't kicked in yet, and this match isn't helping as it's mercifully ended less than 5 minutes in. As much as I like Nora Greenwald, I have to say she almost looks like Sigourney Weaver with the bald head ;)

Smackdown Title Match - Eddie & Angle
    Match of the fsckin' year! Christ, I've never seen Angle so aggressive in a match. This is almost as good as the Savage V Steamboat WM3 classic. Both guys worked their asses off and deserve their payoff. Nice to see Eddie get a little longetivity with the belt as opposed to being a one month Transitional champion.

UT V Kane:
    As crap as i expected it to be (fsck you Exit with your photoshop jobby!), The old school UT was simply his judgement day 2000 trenchcoat and a hat, and the return of Percy Pringle. Match lasted over 5 minutes with another UT/Kane angle to cure my insomnia.... goody!

Triple Threat RAW match
    I could go on forever with this one, so i won't. It was great to see Cripple H pass the torch to Benoit, someone who truely deserves the crack at the whip. Lets hope it's not transitional! Getting the crossface in mid move was just amazing to watch. Guerrero joins Benoit to celebrate in a pretty touching moment. It would have been nice if Malenko had been there as well, but thats probably just me being nostalgic.

The DVD edition of this should be interesting, at least that way I can skip through the crap, and there was a lot of it in the 4 and a half hours of it, but the last few matches, ommitting the UT Kane match, are pure classics.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Wouldnt have give it 9.5 maybe a 6.5 cause there was only really 3 decent matches on the card...

Best being

Jericho -VS- Christian, then eddie -vs- angle, then the benoit, hhh, n hbk match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

What kinda wrestling fans are you? especially u nero

i mean dude you just bitched and complained about every single match on wmxx

ur opening line was ---You gotta be kidding me, the main events were the sh|t but the rest was ****---

and from then on it was just whine, complain, i knew it would suck, boring, blah blah blah blah, moan, whine, cripple h, blah, moan

u complained about cena being in the opnening match
    u complained about jindrack and cade being in the tag match
    u complianed about jericho and christian being too far down the card
    u complained about the fact that u thought it was a lousy way to turn one big shot and one legend into a half-assed gimmick in regards to the rock n sock vs evolution
    u complained about...ah **** it EVERYTHING

u didnt complain about eddie vs kurt and thats all

what annoys me is that all u did was complain...your suppoded to be a FAN

sure there's things that can be better at times, but even old grannies dont sit there watching eastenders moaning about storylines. just watch the program dude, if u dont like it turn it off because if someone complains that much i dont consider them much of a fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Xero. You have to admit that WMXX was hugely disappointing!
    For all the hype that went on it was bad. Three good matches. That was it!
    We are all Wrestling fans on this board and passionate about it.
    So naturally we when we feel let down by an event we will give out about it!

Lesner Vs Goldberg - Coulda been so much more! You had SCSA who was gonna let anything go so we had the makings of a good street fight. Instead we got this sh*t of walking around the ring staring at each other!:mad: Crap! Only for SC Stunners at the end!

Cruiserweight Open: Too fast! Looked like something you'd see half way through SD! Just didn't make any sense!

Taker Vs Kane. I actually enjoyed this match - and that says it all really!

The rest was as expected!

I would have given it a generous 6/10

dont question how good of a fan I am. I watch every Raw and Smackdown, the very late versions every week, Ill watch Veolicity, and Heat if im in the house, and I've been watching wrestling for 14 years. For every WWE event I goto I've camped outside the ticket office to get the best seats, thats including ones in England which is a lot because I get tickets for them all. o please dont go criticise me, you dont even know me.

As a fan I have a right to criticise for example Man utd fans are criticising man utd. I pay my hard earned money to watch an event, I stay up till 5.00am to watch that event, THAT gives me the right to do so!

Wrestle Mania XX was hyped up for months to be the best, and it sure as hell wasnt. It did not deliver what it said it would!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Very disappointing really, apart from the highlights mentioned. I expected at least one "shock" type moment, something like a hogan, hitman etc return to at least make you sit up and pay attention. None of it.
    Whatever about whether there was a pre-show recap on the previous 19, I still expected some nostalgia within the show. Hall of fame was OK but showing clips of the previous night's cermony and then introducing them one by one wasn't exactly a show-stopper.
    The thing about it was, the two title matches were expected to be quality matches before-hand and they were but apart from that it was a lot of let-downs.
    A potentially five hour card saw cruiserweights still rushed and it didn't do them any good, would it have hurt anyone to give them even another ten minutes? and don't get me started on the match format.

Originally posted by Xero

u complained about cena being in the opnening match
    u complained about jindrack and cade being in the tag match
    u complianed about jericho and christian being too far down the card
    u complained about the fact that u thought it was a lousy way to turn one big shot and one legend into a half-assed gimmick in regards to the rock n sock vs evolution
    u complained about...ah **** it EVERYTHING

u didnt complain about eddie vs kurt and thats all

what annoys me is that all u did was complain...your suppoded to be a FAN

sure there's things that can be better at times, but even old grannies dont sit there watching eastenders moaning about storylines. just watch the program dude, if u dont like it turn it off because if someone complains that much i dont consider them much of a fan

Wow! Now THERES a way to start my friday!
    I didn't complain about the opening match, i made an observation that he was main eventing 11 months beforehand. And the match was a boring as hell, but somehow the crowd were into it.

Of course i complained about Jindrack and Cade being at WM, there was nobody else to go in there, proving that the tag division is gone to hell! They barely make matches on RAW but they make Wrestlemania, point out the sense there!

Again, i didn't complain about Jericho and Christian too far down, it was another observation seeing as they spent the last few months making those two (and Trish) the highlight of RAW to be the third match in, again made no sense, if you can find that it did, then go right ahead!

As for the rock n sock, and evolution, i gave that match its props! Or didn't you read that? :)

And don't just point out me in the equasion here Xero, Nearly everyone on this board bitched about most of the matches.

You also forgot to mention that I gave props to the Triple Threat match, or was that selective amnesia on your part? I am a fan, but as Wrestlemania's go, it sucked compared to the likes of III, X, X7 and X8! Given the huge buildup it got since last years Summerslam, it was cack. And if YOU are any kind of fan, you'd cop this in a second!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Lesner Vs Goldberg - Coulda been so much more! You had SCSA who was gonna let anything go so we had the makings of a good street fight. Instead we got this sh*t of walking around the ring staring at each other! Crap! Only for SC Stunners at the end!
    Im sure yall heard that in the 97 Montrel screw job, Shawn was shown how to restrain Bret incase Bret tried to attack him. Taking into consideration Vinny Mac would have have to have known about Lesner leaving a few weeks in advacnce, and it was clear Whats his name wasnt gonna sign a new contract, rumour have been flying that Austin was there as a peace keeper.

Apparently, neither Lesner or Whats his name would attack Austin for real, so he was there to ensure nothing got outta hand. I dont know... everyone was talking about Lesner winning and he got screwed, but if you watch the match again, it doesnt exactly look like a screw job.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

I don't think it was a screwjob finish. Fair play to Lesner on that one, he wanted out so he did a clean job although he didn't look too happy about doing it. He must've been sick at the crowd reaction but the whole thing just made me laugh.

That must have been a tough match to map out really. Think about it, you build up a cross promotional match between 2 monsters and you have an idea that one won't be re-signing after Mania. What do you do? You plan to put the other one over but then the other one comes to you a week before the big event and says he wants out too! Your planned ending is out the window! The special ref is the only one who you know is going to be at the next Raw so you make sure he finishes the match with the most heat. The whole situation was crazy.

Whats the current news anyway?
    Are they both gone or what!
    (PS I didnt see RAW or SD yet and I dont look at the spoilers so if the answer lies within those shows please dont tell me! Cheers):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Not 100% sure Gillie, I try and stay spoiler free for Raw & SD too. Hopefully we'll find out for sure tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Lesners gone.

Nothing said on smackdown that would constitute a spoiler. Just what has already been said. Hes gone to the NFL(so he hopes anyway).

Paul E did give an excuse on Smackdown, but I wont say it incase you think it is a spoiler. It is very minimilistic and trivial however.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I know this is a late reply but i have been unable to use the net for a while so here goes.
    First off the opening match......cena did a good job nothing spectular and show was awful as usual but the excititement created by the fans was great and that gave cena some heat.

the womens match.......good to see the wwe finally sticking to some stipulations but the match itself was pretty crap

Tag matches.....i'll rate them together...****e in the extreme
    Playboy match...good fot the tits and ass value but nothing more

Crusierweights.......i was so looking forward to this match but they(wwe management)messed it up by not allocating it enough time and shame on them for that.Another thing about that....Akiro gets to be in the match and paul london is sitting backstage(whats up with that).Rushed finish and in general a very poor match ,ade exciting only by kidman ****ing himself up.

Jericho and Christian......excellent match and i expected no less from those two.to the guy who said he didnt see the Turn coming......have you never watched wwe,it was so damn obvious

Hall of fame moment...yes it was'nt bret hart but it was great and heartwarming to see the brain.Good spot

Taker v Kane...sad ass match with a anticlimatic return from taker.Less said the better

Eddie V angle....angle looked aggressive alright but the match was'nt what i expected.A disappointment purely because i expect so much for these two great performers.a wonderful finish to the match all the same

rock and sock.....another great match simply for the fact it showed how great Flair and The rock are and their interaction was great.**** to see foley lose

Brock v Gold......absolutely awful and after he sold out the wwe he deserved to be booed out of the arena.to those who said scsa was there "in case things got out of hand"your wrong....austin wanted to be involved in mania and seems as he cant wrestle this seemed the best way to use him and to grab some heat from the fans

Main Event.....a stunning match with all 3 guys pulling out all the stops.triple h has a new found respect from me due to both his effort and the way he sold the benoit moves.A tear came to my eye's when benoit won and all 5 of us watched it were on the edge of our seats as the crossface was put on.have'nt been emotionally involved in amatch like that for years.For everyone who said this was'nt great watch this match again on tape and realise how good it really was.By the way on a further note when the camera's stopped rolling benoit was joined by his wife and kids and father in the ring and he was given a massive pop and standing ovation as he walked down the ramp.

All in all it could have been better but i'll never forget seeing benoit winning the title

Yo man cheers for spoiling the f'n draft! i dont care if it was two wrestlers or not but thanks a million..Can someone please censor that post so the rest of us who dont know the results dont get anything spoiled.

FFS!
    There's always one!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

AAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Oh jesus christ man, Think before you post next time! Your meaningless argument about Ultimo had already pissed me off but i bit my tongue for it, but this just puts you amongst the class of muppets like Desmond_Wolf.

Do us all a favour, and vanish!
    Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Oh jesus christ man, Think before you post next time! Your meaningless argument about Ultimo had already pissed me off but i bit my tongue for it, but this just puts you amongst the class of muppets like Desmond_Wolf.

Do us all a favour, and vanish!

Bombidol? Still think we can cope with just one moderator?
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

by the time this post is edited, everyone who reads these boards will have read it. ruining it for everyone who didnt want to know. not just 1 or 2.

Originally posted by Gillie
    FFS!
    There's always one!:rolleyes:

Just wondering was that aimed at me?

• Advertisement

Doubt it marko, i think everyone has expressed how pissed off they were at raven136's actions earlier.

Nero

Advertisement