Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL not working ?>

• 18-03-2004 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

verifying user name and pass, keeps doing that !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148119

some talk about it here as well

seems to have been down for most of us

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Very very very slow to get his far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

oh the joys of 56k
    stupid junk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

yes, down in limerick too thursday evening and night. This is becoming too familiar. What are those twits in IOL BB doing. Why don't they leave things alone and stop breaking stuff. No apology and they keep taking their 50 notes a month BAAAAHHHHH!! Time to check out UTV . So long iol you've f***ed me aroung once too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Click on the link bizmark gave above...clicksilver are no better then IOL at the moment :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

ye its fooked for me too. I am on 56k. grrrrrrrrr8. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

How in the hell did we put up with 56k modems for so long?

IOL's down here in Co.Wexford too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Down here in Dun Laoghaire too.
    I managed to get connected maybe once in the last 4 hours and that was only for about a minute.
    Any idea what's going on?

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

down in Stillorgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Down in leixlip also. Funnily enough, the ppp server belongs to eircom, heres the log messages I'm getting.

Mar 18 20:42:40 mpd: Name: "bas1.dbn.dublin.eircom.net"
    Mar 18 20:42:40 mpd: [pppoe] CHAP: rec'd CHALLENGE #1
    Mar 18 20:42:41 mpd: [pppoe] LCP: authorization failed

Looks like its eircoms fault.. hopefully will be sorted soon.

• Advertisement

/me kicks IOLs Zyxel router around the room

So IOL and Utv are down..
    Just for interest is there anyone on Eircom broadband whoes connection is fecked? Seeing as their all basicly the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oddly enough NoLimits isn't working for me either (currently dialling up on the marketroidnamed-free service) (haven't managed to call IOL and tell them to cancel it yet, must get around to that tomorrow)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

IOLBB just back in Howth, Dublin at 10.45. Was down since about 6.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Back in Wexford too.

Strange how easy it is too take broadband for granted. I found 56k unbearable. Don't think I can ever go back.

Well that is until IOLBB goes down tomorrow night:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

back in offaly . ****ers screwed me over . i took my entire network apart and reinstalled everything bing almost sure it wasnt a iol problom ... ****ing bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Back in Citywest (South Dublin). That's gas when you ring the tech supp which winds up a 9pm and they say you should chase the problem by online means.

Obviously a feck-up somewhere in Eircom-land as their subscribers seem to have escaped the past couple of hours unscathed. Either that or there was a scheduled outtage which UTV and IOL neglected to pass on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by elexes
    back in offaly . ****ers screwed me over . i took my entire network apart and reinstalled everything bing almost sure it wasnt a iol problom ... ****ing bastards

Ha ha, why didn't you just do what I did and ring someone else on iol to see was it just you before ripping your machine apart? :)

I'm new to iolbb does this happen regularly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It was down for me also in Limerick...i called the 1890 support line and was waiting 30 MINUTES with no sign of anyone picking up the phone to find out what the hell was going on.

Now i want compensation, for the down time + the cost of making a call to the NO SUPPORT hotline, can't even get to talk with anyone.

Btw...it's back up now, hence the bitching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by Blade
    Ha ha, why didn't you just do what I did and ring someone else on iol to see was it just you before ripping your machine apart? :)

I'm new to iolbb does this happen regularly?

To be fair, not too often...a few times so far. Still...we're paying these guys good money for a service we can't even use!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

was down in D15 also. Like everyone else, I end up thinking somethings wrong with my network, but as I was copying across my LAN, I didn't want to reboot. Ended up receiving a text from a fellow IOLer , asking was it down for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im going to have to get in contact with iol members through some real life source ... just so i dont go trying to fix a problom that is not on my end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭meatball

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Now i want compensation, for the down time

31 days * 24 hours = 744 hours.
    at 47 euro per month = 6cents an hour

IOL was offline for what, 3 hours?

good luck recovering your 18c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    It was down for me also in Limerick...i called the 1890 support line and was waiting 30 MINUTES with no sign of anyone picking up the phone to find out what the hell was going on.

Email: angela.keegan@esat.com , complaints@esat.com and bill.murphy@esat.com

Fair enough there was a hiccup that kept people offline all evening but theres such a thing as a "banner message" that can be played the minute someone rings the supportline so everyone can be informed of whats happening.

30 minutes is not support, its no support.

There isn't really much to IOLs site. Its more like a shell over esat bt's website.
    There is very little in the way of announcments or support info.

Originally posted by yellum
    Fair enough there was a hiccup that kept people offline all evening but theres such a thing as a "banner message" that can be played the minute someone rings the supportline so everyone can be informed of whats happening.

Exactly, thats what I was expecting when I rang them to find out what time it would be back at as I knew it was affecting poeople all over the country. Like when you ring the ESB line for power failures, the automated message tells you what areas the outages are and when service is expected to be resumed.

Some hope of that though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Uhoh... IOL BB seems to have died again. In the midlands? Anyone else affected?

Same as last night... completely dead... No pings, no websites nada...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bah just went down again for about 15 mins.
    Just back now, dunno for how long though.
    Hopefully that'll be it for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Mine was down all last night. When I got in from work today at 5.30, it was fine, but it went after about 10 minutes. Am I the only one still having trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

No you are not the only person having troubles ;)

UTV and IOL BB seem to die together...

Who is this external network provider that keeps going on the blink? Or is it just IOL with a gammy network

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by ronoc
    /me kicks IOLs Zyxel router around the room

So IOL and Utv are down..
    Just for interest is there anyone on Eircom broadband whoes connection is fecked? Seeing as their all basicly the same thing?

nope iv never had any downtime im with eircom

Advertisement